Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to get this 08 Corvette. MSRP = $50685, invoice = $45146. What is a fair price to pay?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have an opportunity to get this 08 Corvette. MSRP = $50685, invoice = $45146. What is a fair price to pay?
Consider that "Fair" is a relative term. I negotiated my ordered price to just about $400.00 over invoice on a 2007 Coupe MN6, 3LT, Onstar, Navigation, Atomic Orange Tint Coat (Tags, Title, Fees and Out the Door).

DO NOT USE MSRP AS YOUR RERFERENCE POINT​

Best thing to do is shop around to get the best price you can. Remember too you have the advantage of "PATIENCE" !!!!!!:thumbsup: I gathered quotes for about 3 months.

Also check with Rick Conti, his rep speaks for itself. A friend of mine worked with him and had nothing but good things to say about his experience and delivery.

All said, Happy Hunting !!!!!!!!;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ordered a 2008, 6M, 1LT, QG7, Z51, CC3 to exact invoice price, $44,357. Another dealer 60 miles west was $300 over invoice.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Demonbreun, I'm sure Rick would give me good pricing but would have to add freight. I also have a trade so that might be a problem with out of town dealers.

Grandski, you got a good deal at $300 over invoice. What state?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got actual invoice. The other dealer was within $300. Iowa. Not too many vettes moved off lots in Iowa.

·
Registered
232 Posts
hey i notice you are located in sugar land. check out landmark chevrolet its off of 45. they get tons of vettes in all the time. give them a call (check their website for number). landmark is one of the biggest if not the biggest chevy dealer in houston

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey i notice you are located in sugar land. check out landmark chevrolet its off of 45. they get tons of vettes in all the time. give them a call (check their website for number). landmark is one of the biggest if not the biggest chevy dealer in houston
I priced a truck about 5 years ago at Landmark. Two very high pressure salesman got a hold on me. Not sure I want to go there again.

The deal with this $50685 price is offering me $4000 off.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Demonbreun, I'm sure Rick would give me good pricing but would have to add freight. I also have a trade so that might be a problem with out of town dealers.

Grandski, you got a good deal at $300 over invoice. What state?
I see, Actually Rick was my second option. I still feel the best thing to do is to shop around and demonstrate "Patience" so that you can get the best deal that is right for you. As stated above "Fair" is a relative term. When I was considering my purchase I wasn't considering "Fair", I was considering my own interest like any prudent consumer. Nor did I rush into the purchase. I guess because I had waited so long for a Vette and I wanted everything about it to be positive.

I mentioned Rick in terms of "Fair" because life experience and wisdom tells me that there are many dealers who are not thinking of "Fair" when it comes to selling a product that carries such emotions as a Vette. I understand Rick is a great guy in terms of Fairness.

Again it's all Relative !!!!!!!

Sooooooooo, whatever happens I Trust and Hope it will be a positive event for you that is "Fair" by your standards :thumbsup:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see, Actually Rick was my second option. I still feel the best thing to do is to shop around and demonstrate "Patience" so that you can get the best deal that is right for you. As stated above "Fair" is a relative term. When I was considering my purchase I wasn't considering "Fair", I was considering my own interest like any prudent consumer. Nor did I rush into the purchase. I guess because I had waited so long for a Vette and I wanted everything about it to be positive.

I mentioned Rick in terms of "Fair" because life experience and wisdom tells me that there are many dealers who are not thinking of "Fair" when it comes to selling a product that carries such emotions as a Vette. I understand Rick is a great guy in terms of Fairness.

Again it's all Relative !!!!!!!

Sooooooooo, whatever happens I Trust and Hope it will be a positive event for you that is "Fair" by your standards :thumbsup:
Thanks! Maybe I should give Rick a call and see what I can find out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts