Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone knew what size the bit is for the idle screw..looks to be the same for the TPS.I just dont want to have to buy a whole set for 1 bit..the smallest I have in my kit is a little to big..thanx
oops sorry it's for a '90

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just curious if anyone knew what size the bit is for the idle screw..looks to be the same for the TPS.I just dont want to have to buy a whole set for 1 bit..the smallest I have in my kit is a little to big..thanx
oops sorry it's for a '90
I'm not sure of the size you need, but Home Depot sells a set of 8 or 9 smaller size torx drivers that fold up like a pocket knife. It's about $10.00.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Just adjusted my idle recently, its a 20.

·
Registered
1987 Z51 Coupe and 2015 Z06/Z07 Coupe
746 Posts
Why are you touching it? The idle screw should never need to be touched if the car is in tune, there are no vacuum leaks, the TPS is functional, and you went through the idle reset proceedure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Because someone has screwed with it in the past..the plug is gone and it's idling at 1100..I still need to know what size it is in case resetting the IAC doesnt work.It's annoying when it pulls against the brakes at a light..it also wont be able to do the IM240 test because they will say it wont stop the rollers correctly.I want to make sure it's running top notch before I take it for emissions testing,

·
Registered
1987 Z51 Coupe and 2015 Z06/Z07 Coupe
746 Posts
Because someone has screwed with it in the past..the plug is gone and it's idling at 1100..I still need to know what size it is in case resetting the IAC doesnt work.It's annoying when it pulls against the brakes at a light..it also wont be able to do the IM240 test because they will say it wont stop the rollers correctly.I want to make sure it's running top notch before I take it for emissions testing,
Have you tested the TPS? The 1100-1200 range is sometimes a giveaway that the TPS is malfunctioning or set too high. You have a '90? I can't rememeber right now if '90 is also when GM went with the self adjusting TPS or if they waited for the LT1 for it. Normally it'd be 0.54V with the butterflies in their idle position, but can be set as high as 0.68V, which will artificially raise the idle speed before it will set off a code. If you go adjusting the screw then you'll need adjust the TPS down as well if it isn't hte auto-adjusting one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts