Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.38 piston and it fits 1.25 rotor. That is the correct size isn't it?

And do they fit in stock rally wheels?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good eye I only saw three. I think they are super lights also. I sent him an email.

Also I did some research and stock pistons are 1.8 Maybe 1.83

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
50 bucks.

They almost look like nascar calipers. I think they are just regular superlights though. I sent him an email.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
those pistons do look too small for the front.
The ones above are apparently 1.88/1.75 pistons. I'll just have to wait around for a goof set to come up.

I don't really need them yet anyways.

I need to get the oil cooler and radiator hoses done first.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That will be perfect then.

Dynalites are 1.75 and they work pisser.
I also asked if they needed to be rebuilt. For 50 bucks it's worth a shot. They should fit 15" wheels as that is what most roundy round cars use.

And if they go smoothly I can put some dynalites in the rear.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is his response

they are wilwood brand but I have found no part no. or other markings. They are a larger caliper that looks to be from a track such as Bristol. They were off of a Busch car. They could use a set of seals I'm sure which are $8.00 per caliper

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wouldn't it mess up your clearences?

I think the only right way to do it is get a block with solid mains and drill your own.

Anyways read the sig.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Those are old GT or GN calipers. They are VERY wide and they will NOT fit behind a stock wheel, the nascar boys have some serious brake hub offset and the wheels have massive caliper clearance. You will need at least half an inch of spacer to be able to run those. Keep in mind, they are for sale for a reason, probably burnt up seals, burny up pistons and those stainless pistons are expensive, especially the thermlock ones. Looks like they are a 5.25 GT lug mount, most calipers used in aftermarket are 3.50" mount. You will need special brackets for these (just like the brackets I had made for mine)

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Those are old GT or GN calipers. They are VERY wide and they will NOT fit behind a stock wheel, the nascar boys have some serious brake hub offset and the wheels have massive caliper clearance. You will need at least half an inch of spacer to be able to run those. Keep in mind, they are for sale for a reason, probably burnt up seals, burny up pistons and those stainless pistons are expensive, especially the thermlock ones. Looks like they are a 5.25 GT lug mount, most calipers used in aftermarket are 3.50" mount. You will need special brackets for these (just like the brackets I had made for mine)
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :crazy:

Regular walking encyclopedia there above,....HOW in HELL, U living on right side of pond, know all this ****???

Too much time on your hands???.....

but those calipers would work fine for me....apparently...with my flat faced '92 vette wheels, and 2.5 inch thich adaptors...

:cheers:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :crazy:

Regular walking encyclopedia there above,....HOW in HELL, U living on right side of pond, know all this ****???

:agree: :WTF It is nothing short of amazing. Maybe he is an advisor/designer for NASCAR.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts