Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want some opinion's on headers, iam looking to get a set soon. I have the borla exhaust with there x pipe and i want to know what headers would best go with it??

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Check the review section :smokin:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Headers...

Although I dont have them, check out LG Motorsports web site. They seem to be pretty proud of there products. I may even switch to their headers when the time comes.

They claim 30hp or so with their headers. They have a nice web site as well, check it out.

www.lgmotorsports.com

Mike J.
Orlando

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've got the Kooks, but based on the dyno charts I've seen, the LGs have better low end tq performance. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Sound wise I can tell you when John Page switched from Kooks to LGs on his C6 Z06 his Z06 became a monster. The sound became lower and louder.:smokin:

I have Kooks and I am happy with them. I think for most drivers any of the quality headers will provide acceptable performance.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
i just put lg headers on mine nd they are mazing i could not be happier. they are also made by borla so they would go good with you exhaust system. the sound is bad a$$:partyon: :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
I'm going to throw my vote for VEtte Doctors American Racing Brand Headers. ECS and 21st Century muscle cars sells all the brands being mentioned here in this thread...

Call the tuners and ask which one they like.

I tend to like to purchase the brand the tuner/installer prefers to use.

I like them to purchase the header system for me as well...

I like them to get as much profit as I can...for the people doing the work?

If they charge me the same price then what do I care?

I tend not to like to bring a box with me into a shop..

Thats a route I personally choose over the years..

Seems to work for me as I don't do most of the installations myself..

I do like the work they do to be easy and thats one of the reasons I choose the American Racing brand... that and I like the Merge collector as its supposed to be very good...and the price of under 1500 including high flow cats and X pipe is right on the money..

HTH and JMO..

I dont' think you can go wrong with LG's...or Kooks or American Racing Brand.. All very good..

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
PS...I not thrilled with my flp's and I am replacing them in less than two weeks...

I've had some issues with the mild steel construction and the build quality so they are coming off..

I might inspect them when they come off and if I feel someone could benefit from buying them for a few hundred dollars I might sell them...but my suggestion is to buy new...

I may just take the pleasure of cutting them up and throwing them in the trash! :lol:

Buy stainless steel..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts