Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started my 79er and took it for a spin in the hood..
i pushed on the gas and a ball of fire came out of the holley thingie.. thats on the hood. .. if u saw the pic of my u'll know what i mean.. and then my car died !!... so i turned the key and it came back on !
does any1 know what the hell happened !!!!!! or if thats normal or whaat help :S

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Q8 BaD BoY said:
i started my 79er and took it for a spin in the hood..
i pushed on the gas and a ball of fire came out of the holley thingie.. thats on the hood. .. if u saw the pic of my u'll know what i mean.. and then my car died !!... so i turned the key and it came back on !
does any1 know what the hell happened !!!!!! or if thats normal or whaat help :S
Did it just backfire through the carb?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm i think it did backfire through the carb !!
but is that ok ???
any1 know ???
-unclephilly i dunno what u said :p i think u didnt understand a word i said hehehe
here's the pic of the holley carburator on my car,, this is where the fire came out of !!
but if it just backfired why did the car die !?
thats wierd...
and 1 more Q, if i wanna tune my car up what do i change other then the plugs, wires, distributer ? i'm kinda new to a carbed engine :huh:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Just sounds like a little timing problem. Check all your plugs and wires. Got a timing light? If so check your timing. What kind of distributor do you have? Come back here after you check everything, there are some really smart folks on this forum, I'm sure someone will help out. :)

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
The "Holley thingie" is a street scoop. It's just a fancy air cleaner. I would say yes you backfired through the carb.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
While your doing your tune-up you might want to replace your Ignition Modiule, if yours is factory an aftermarket modiule will give you better spark. also check your choke and pull-off
nice rides!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm
ok .. so that didnt happen again hehe.. i just bought some 8mm yellow wires.. and new spark plugs...i think i'm getting me a distributer.. something NOT stock :p hehe .. then i'll slowly work on my baby
but i can surrrrre say .. the C3 is the funnest corvette to be seated in ;) :partyon:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts