Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
He's been keeping me updated on the nightmare through PM's..... The second shop still never was able to get it running....it just cranked......It seems that not only did they not have some of the obvious connections hooked up(like the opti-spark harness) but "may" also have installed (indexed) the opti-spark unit wrong to the cam's dowel pin, or made a timing chain installation error(or this may have been another fumble on the part of the "first" shop, and NOT checked by the second shop).......from what he said, they are now tearing the front of the motor apart again to try and find the problem....:crazy:......I hate to say it, but I just worry that even if they do get it running, there's a VERY good chance that MUCH of the work may not have been done correctly, since SO many little things have obviously been overlooked...........It's a real bad situation when the shop has no prior LT1/LT4 engine experience...............Joe

·
Registered
724 Posts
He's been keeping me updated on the nightmare through PM's..... The second shop still never was able to get it running....it just cranked......It seems that not only did they not have some of the obvious connections hooked up(like the opti-spark harness) but "may" also have installed (indexed) the opti-spark unit wrong to the cam's dowel pin, or made a timing chain installation error(or this may have been another fumble on the part of the "first" shop, and NOT checked by the second shop).......from what he said, they are now tearing the front of the motor apart again to try and find the problem....:crazy:......I hate to say it, but I just worry that even if they do get it running, there's a VERY good chance that MUCH of the work may not have been done correctly, since SO many little things have obviously been overlooked...........It's a real bad situation when the shop has no prior LT1/LT4 engine experience...............Joe
Tell him I got a couple L-98s I'd let go real reasonable. :D I wish I could help, but he is too far away. If he wants to ship it to SC, I'd be glad to work on it for him. GOOD LUCK IRONCURTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts