Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the early stages of car shopping .I'm thinking new convertable 6 speed or used 360 ferrari , Plane to keep the car a long time minimal use .I'll be able to use the corvette any where and park it ,not have to worry about costly maintenance .the down side is depreciation of the vette vs the 360? Which is the more pragmatic purchase?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Welcome to DC!

OK... I'm gonna get torn up for saying this, but if you've got the dinero to get a used 360, get it!!

Corvettes are amazing and are my favorite car in the world, but think about the ooo's and ahhh's you'll get with a pasta rocket over the C6

Just my 2 cents :partyon:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'm in the early stages of car shopping .I'm thinking new convertable 6 speed or used 360 ferrari , Plane to keep the car a long time minimal use .I'll be able to use the corvette any where and park it ,not have to worry about costly maintenance .the down side is depreciation of the vette vs the 360? Which is the more pragmatic purchase?
360 = Very costly maintenance. In fact the maintenance will end up costing more than the depreciation of the vette.

Corvette = can't go wrong.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
This is kind of an odd post. These 2 cars are in 2 completely different ballparks.

New convertible = $55-60K
Used 360 = Minimum of $125K

If you've got that much scratch available, why not consider other cars in between?

i.e.

Porsche 911 (both turbo and non-turbo)
Maserati
etc.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
If you've got that much scratch available, why not consider other cars in between?

i.e.

Porsche 911 (both turbo and non-turbo)
Maserati
etc.
Don't buy what you can afford...buy the best.

i.e.

Chevrolet Corvette.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
buy a z06 and then chop the top. never seen it done.
I would love to see the Z06 with a targa top. Thats the only thing keeping me from having one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts