Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my factory warranty on my '05 will expire in April 2008. I am debating, buy an extended warranty or buy an '08. I figure I should be able to find a slightly used '08 by then. :huh:

·
Registered
440 Posts
My experience has been that buying the extended warranty is not only a good idea for your ownership but makes a used car easier to sell.

A warranty will go a long way to a private buyer, but I guess wouldn't make a difference if you were just trading it in to a dealer.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
get an 08....more horse power better handling

or keep the one you have and mod it:devil:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just looked at what it will cost to buy a warranty at this point. :surprised
2.5 year old car with 23000+ miles, it will be cheaper for me to get an '08. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Roll the dice and wait for the C7. BTW what has your experience been with your wife's C5?
It had an oil leak, bad gasket or something, warranty covered it. Nothing else has ever gone wrong with it.

What scares me is an experience a few years ago with a '99 Chevy Z71. Over the 4 years I owned it, both power window motors broke, the 4 WD broke, ABS broke, CD payer broke, steering box broke. Fortunately, I had an extended warranty.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
It had an oil leak, bad gasket or something, warranty covered it. Nothing else has ever gone wrong with it.

What scares me is an experience a few years ago with a '99 Chevy Z71. Over the 4 years I owned it, both power window motors broke, the 4 WD broke, ABS broke, CD payer broke, steering box broke. Fortunately, I had an extended warranty.
maybe it was just a lemon?:huh:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
You could say that, or you could say it was a F'ing piece of ****. :smack
:rolling: :rolling:

so have you ever considered keeping the 05 and modding it

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
It's my daily driver, I'll probobly trade for an 08. If I can get an affordable price on a used Z, that would be an option also.
ooooo now that you mention a z:devil:

what ever you prefer it was up to me now that you mention a z06 i would see if you can find a resonable price and if not just go with an 08 that JMO:cheers:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thinking I'd go with an extended warranty.

But then I'd just probably slap on heads and a cam and just void most of it anyway. :laughing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts