Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like your opinions on what to do(or where to start) as far as putting some money into my car other then a paint job i cant really decide on where to start should i do the inside of the car first? should i get new weatherstripping for my car? new gas door and hood emblem? what?...just like your guys and gals opinion on this matter...thank you,Clint

·
Registered
796 Posts
Clint,
My car was/is in need of a few mechanical improvements and if your Vette has some of the same issues I would suggest addressing those prior to doing of the cosmetic things you may have in mind. Get all the mechanicals corrected first then start with the"bling". Other than that, just enjoy the process of improving on perfection.

Hope to run across you one of these days neighbor !!
Save the Wave,
Reid.....aka Par4nut

·
Registered
501 Posts
we decided long ago that a nice set of wheels/tires can even make a station wagon (oops, a cross-over suv) look good...on a car with great lines like a c4 == priceless...of course, ''dead in the water'' due to a breakdown is so 'not' cool, unfortunately that takes first priors.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
i would like your opinions on what to do(or where to start) as far as putting some money into my car other then a paint job i cant really decide on where to start should i do the inside of the car first? should i get new weatherstripping for my car? new gas door and hood emblem? what?...just like your guys and gals opinion on this matter...thank you,Clint
What is your biggest problem? If you have any mechanical issues that could leave you stranded, then you should invest in getting those repaired.

If the car leaks when it rains (or when you wash it), then you might want to take care of the weatherstripping first.

Once you've knocked down the high priorities, then go after things like emblems.

Steven

1 - 4 of 4 Posts