Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM may build a new car at the Bowling Green Kentucky Plant

What should it be called ?

·
Registered
5,146 Posts

They shoud do what most of the Europeans are doing to name cars.

Grab the bag of tiles from a Scrabble game and pull out 3 tiles.

There you have the name.

CLK, CTS, XLR, GTI, GT-R, AMG, BMW, XKE, ETC...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts

Well, obviously that depends on what kind of a car it is . . . I think they should build the Sky/Solstice there and call it the Monza.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I think they should build a mid engine 10 cylinder 2 seater and call it the Grand Sport :thumbsup:

Maybe carbon fiber body and prove that Chevrolet can build a better super car than Ferrari or Ford :lookinup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,829 Posts
They shoud do what most of the Europeans are doing to name cars.

Grab the bag of tiles from a Scrabble game and pull out 3 tiles.

There you have the name.

CLK, CTS, XLR, GTI, GT-R, AMG, BMW, XKE, ETC...:thumbsup:
That brings us to OMG or WTF

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Chevrolet Mamba

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well, obviously that depends on what kind of a car it is . . . I think they should build the Sky/Solstice there and call it the Monza.
I really like the Kappa platform cars.
I was set to to buy a nicely modded Sky/Redline before I got my 'vert.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doesn't the camaro convertible get finished at the bowling green plant?

Could be , I dont know

to the best of my knowledge the Chevrolet Camaro is built in

Oshawa Canada

It should be built here in the USA :nuts:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Could be , I dont know

Oshawa Canada

Convertible Production of the 2011 Camaro Convertible began on January 31, 2011 in Oshawa, Ontario, where the coupe is currently assembled.[35] It will arrive in dealerships in February, and is available in both base and SS versions like the coupe.

According to Automotive News, GM has set first year Camaro convertible production target at 20,000 units. This number matches that of the Mustang convertible, which was also produced in similar numbers last year.

GM reassigned the contract for production of the convertible top to Magna, of Aurora, Ontario, last year when a rival supplier, Germany’s Edscha AG, filed for insolvency. Magna is slated to build the Camaro top at its Bowling Green, Ky., plant, with fabric from its Mexican operations.

Sources say that the Camaro convertible is now slated for production beginning in the second half of 2011.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good Stuff Walley

Thanks for the information :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
476 Posts
Could be , I dont know

Oshawa Canada

Yer off my Christmas card list... GM has to build a certain amount of cars here if they wish to sell here and not have the pants taxed off of them as does every other major manufacturer it is only fair. And if your insinuating that Canadians are inferior to Americans that would be not cool.

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
Yer off my Christmas card list... GM has to build a certain amount of cars here if they wish to sell here and not have the pants taxed off of them as does every other major manufacturer it is only fair. And if your insinuating that Canadians are inferior to Americans that would be not cool.
....your right, lets just call it the "CanaVette".....:D

....just a little fun, remember we"re third world now.....:laughing:

.....:cheers:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Naw I've been to Canada a couple of times

Its a nice place to visit, and I know a little more about Canada than your average American

What I'm insinuating is GM is owned by the American taxpayer

We bailed them out

Thus the least they can do. And should do, is build the Camaro right here in the USA

By not doing this it has cost them many sales

Gm is an American Corporation not a Canadian corporation

We're the country that made them Rich and successful

We could call the new car

The "Chevrolet Defector "

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I think they should build the most ostentatious, loud, powerful monster they can in Bowling Green and call it "Priapus."

:smack

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
So if Government Motors built ALL their cars in the USA, Canada would not buy them? interesting, What car does Canada manufacture again? Oh thats right, Ford and Chysler :D

And as a matter of fact, I am insulted that the new cars being concieved by Government motors are all slated to be built in Canada (the Camaro, The new Buicks etc)

Its also funny how all the die hard MOPAR fans don't pay attention that all Hemi motors are assembled in Mexico and shipped to Canada to be installed in the Charger and Challenger that are both made in Canada but are advertized as American Muscle :crazy: Alot of F150's are also made in Canada and I have been told that pretty much all the Chysler mini vans are made in Canada and us Americans wonder why we have high unemployment and all we hear about is how good the Canadian free heathcare is :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts