Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sony, Kenwood and others can build a radio that can change up 15 different colors for 300 or so bucks. Why hasn't some one done this for the C4 dash? Would be cool??

·
Registered
597 Posts
u mean the early c4 dash?

they have a dash that is a different color.

i think the reasons they dont are, that its getting too old, and that its not very easy to change the lights back there.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
That would be cool but you have people running around with a bad dash because they don't want to spend $300 to fix it. Do you think they will pop $350 or so for a dash that lights up differently.:laughing:

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
my pioneer chages colors backgrounds and everything-- I could even play TV and movies on the little screen if so inclined. at just a little over $400. it's a standard DIN fit with a slightly larger faceplate and I had to use a fit kit.. but it looks fine.

Problem is that the double din only fits if you modify the dash opening a bit.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
my pioneer chages colors backgrounds and everything-- I could even play TV and movies on the little screen if so inclined. at just a little over $400. it's a standard DIN fit with a slightly larger faceplate and I had to use a fit kit.. but it looks fine.

Problem is that the double din only fits if you modify the dash opening a bit.
He is refering to the gauge part of the dash not the radio.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
He is refering to the gauge part of the dash not the radio.:thumbsup:
That's easy then-- just change the bulbs. If he wants something like my escape that you can slect different colors then I'm thinking that would be a PITA custom job

·
Registered
626 Posts
it says over 30,000 variations i couldnt find that many but then again i only picked the color to match my car, and i think i spent maybe 200 for the head unit ,head unit, speakers installed and rear window tinted was just under 500:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts