Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here are the ones i got. they are just sitting next to the car to get an idea. it is actually a bad place to get a pict because the car is sitting over a drain so the ground is curved under the car.

the way the car sits now....

new wheels...

so what do ya think?

·
Registered
7,962 Posts

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
The C6 wheels look sweet but I like the ones you have now. More period correct and a great looking wheel.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
They look like crap! :laughing:

They'll look great on my '79 though! :devil:
How much you want for them?

Seriously....I like them on your car. :thumbsup:
Let me know if you decide against installing them.

:cheers:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They look like crap! :laughing:

How much you want for them?
They'll look great on my '79 though! :devil:

Seriously....I like them.
Let me know if you decide against installing them.

:cheers:

ill let ya know. im torn on them.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
ill let ya know. im torn on them.
Personally.....
I'd buy the adapters and mount them up.
You'll get a much better vibe on them mounted on the car. Drive it and see what you think.

If you don't like it after the install, pull them off and put the old wheels back on. You can resell the wheels and adapters easily. :thumbsup:

Keep me in mind. Are they polished or chrome? :lookinup:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personally.....
I'd buy the adapters and mount them up.
You'll get a much better vibe on them mounted on the car. Drive it and see what you think.

If you don't like it after the install, pull them off and put the old wheels back on. You can resell the wheels and adapters easily. :thumbsup:

Keep me in mind. Are they polished or chrome? :lookinup:

they are polished.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Keep the Fiske wheels the C6 wheels look like crap on that car what you have looks great:cheers:

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
No disrespect, but does it make any difference what we think? It's your car; your wheels. The only opinion which has any credibility is what you think.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I think you should stick with what you have. The new ones look goofy with the low profile tires and huge rims on that year car. Also kinda throws the stance off and makes it look like it's sticking it's ass in the air. :huh:

What you have looks great imo. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
I like the style and look but those are too big around and not enough tire. IMO....But you should install them and take a look it will look much different

·
Registered
205 Posts
Food for thought

Depends on your driving habbits and the ride you like. I have had a few sets of 20"s w/ rubber band tires. Handles better with less sidewall roll in cornering. Rougher ride. You'll feel more humps n bumps. Be ready to swerve the pot holes or you will be bending them with hard hits. Also you have to watch the distance from curb while parking so not to get curb rash. Rubber band tires coats more to replace too. Would look sweet if ya lowered it, alot! :D

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
You just need to lower it, they'll look great.

"Old School" is OK, but I'm a big fan of applying "New Tech" to older rides!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts