Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what year everyone owns and how many miles they put on a year.

I just can't see myself driving a ton of miles. Got the Z06 this past May(2002) and I've only got 4k to show for it. Should I not worry about the miles and drive it or should I worry about the miles.

I don't plan on ever selling either car.:D

91 w/45k
02 w/4k

·
Registered
19 Posts
I basically store it during the winters but do drive it a ton during the spring/summer/fall. I manage over 10K miles a year. I purchased it to enjoy so it's hard just to let it sit in the garage even though I enjoy just looking at it :D

I don't get a chance to drive my bike much now. Only put on 50 miles a year on it the past 3 years so it's time to sell. Instead of it just sitting in the garage I'll use the $$$$ for more mods :D

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
1980 / 130,000 we drive it spring/summer/fall...and winter if a nice week comes along with no salt on the roads...its a car bought to enjoy

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
ragvette said:
Just curious what year everyone owns and how many miles they put on a year.

I just can't see myself driving a ton of miles. Got the Z06 this past May(2002) and I've only got 4k to show for it. Should I not worry about the miles and drive it or should I worry about the miles.

I don't plan on ever selling either car.:D

91 w/45k
02 w/4k
Rodney, I think owning a Corvette is one of lifes great treasures. I advise putting a piece of electrical tape over where your odometer is and hit the road!

:p

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 89 that just turned over 138k. It's my daily driver and with my 60 mile (one way) commute to work I put about 3000 miles a month. That's why I do my oil changes every last Saturday of the month. :D

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
I have 33,000 miles on my Grand Sport. I bought it a year and a half ago, it had 11,000 miles on it.

I hope to have 50,000 on it by the end of 2003.

:D

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a 87 with just over 200K it's my daily driver. Only has 30+ on the engine and 40+ on the trans.

·
Registered
336 Posts
1996 and just turned 11, 000 miles last time I was driving it sometime back in december

My 5 month old 2003 Acura CL Type S already has 13,500 miles on it :D and my 2002 Yamaha R-1 has over 7,000 miles on it, I spend alot of time on the road :)

O

·
0 Posts
stilcrazee said:
I've got a 98, bought it 08/00 with 2475 on it, put it in storage in Nov with 74xx on it, I obviously work too much.
I'm calling BIG LAW MAN! That is Vette neglect if I have ever seen it.....

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
One of the biggest reasons for the lack of miles was, until this coming year, the car has never seen rain. the guy I bought it from was a fanatic about it and I used to think the same. No more.
He called me this past June to see how the car was, I had told him I might want to sell it to get a vert, and asking if I wanted to give it up and was it the same as when I bought it. I had installed BBtri flos and original chrome wheels on it and decided to keep it.
He admitted that he had sold it to finance his daughter's wedding and now had some money put away and had the itch for a car. i steered him to a buddy of mine that had a 97 coupe with 6k on it! My buddy had bought his before I bought mine, his was purchased with 4k on it. Buddy sold his car to the guy I bought mine from....

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: What year and how many miles

Patrick96LT4 said:
Rodney, I think owning a Corvette is one of lifes great treasures. I advise putting a piece of electrical tape over where your odometer is and hit the road!

:p
Patrick, your correct owning a Corvette is one of lifes great treasures. Will do with the electrical tape and go on some road trips. :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts