Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
i just removed my trans to get it rebuilt in class. next is sending my car to get painted i hope :)

·
I'm related so I get a title.
212 Posts
I am wanting to get the car repainted and get the nitrous added. After that then all the money goes to the frame off of the 67 chevelle.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Jeff that coil-over setup looks good...

Me, I'm just looking forward to cleaning my car and getting as many miles on the new setup as possible. Maybe head to Limerock raceway in CT for some events, as well as Waltkins Glen in NY.

·
Registered
891 Posts
In Oct I put a Renegade intake on along with a slightly bigger cam, harmonic balancer and some other things. Fired back up on the first try:)thumbsup:) but it got cold before I could do any fine tuning or "diagnostic" stuff. I also replaced the rack and pinion because it was leaking a little. Now it leaks a lot. That will be the next task. I hope to get it done soon so I can do a little autox.

·
DC Crew
20,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[Dan..need input: check out the new thread; '96 Caprice 9C1 350 c.i.d. LT-1 into an '88 Corvette.
:thumbsup:

i just removed my trans to get it rebuilt in class. next is sending my car to get painted i hope :)
Sweet! I should have put mine in the paintshop when I had the chance. :laughing: Long road getting it there, but it's almost ready to prime!

In Oct I put a Renegade intake on along with a slightly bigger cam, harmonic balancer and some other things. I hope to get it done soon so I can do a little autox.
Cool! The cam swap sure makes a nice difference, staying mild was the best choice I made (thanks to lots of advice).

·
DC Crew
20,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still wrapping up my body work, but it's close. Then need to get tires and button up a few small details before I start driving it daily again. The interior is completely stripped out, but that's going to be a project I do while I'm driving it.

I'm planning a few weekend road trips later this year that I've always wanted to drive. Probably won't get to the track until next year, unless I catch something this fall.

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
6 speed swap and AC install. Other than that, just drive it. I've been lazy with it since "finishing" it from the LS swap and have just been driving it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Im gonna go ahead and swap the polished SR on and charge up the a/c, then work on either getting another dash pad or an overlay, then prob let my buddy tint the whole front windshield and re-tint the back glass, but I bought a 2002 s10 extreme to go back and forth to work so gonna cold air it and do a few minor upgrades for my comfort to and from work.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Didn't plan on it but right now I'm doing the front brakes...Seems like the previous owner jacklegged the last brake job with an incorrect pin in the L/front caliper and it came off today while I was driving...The sucker ground down part of my wheel and the rotor wore into the bottom of the caliper when it pivoted back from the top...Sounded lke a freight train ....When I took it apart I found a pin that was too long and had been held in with RTV Silicone sealant and that was worn so bad that the brake pads could just pop out....Sheeesh:crazy:

I'm also doing some repair on my left qtr panel that had been previously repaired by the same jackleg...The body work looked like stucco on a house....Me, the fiberglass, the gel-coat and filler are becoming good friends.

I'm trying to get the poor thing half-way decent before Eureka Springs in October

·
Registered
56 Posts
1. Install A/C, 2. Have windshield replaced, 3. Paint, 4. Weatherstripping, 5. Drive and then drive some more.

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Tires, Brakes, backup lights not working (not bulbs), miles of smiles.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts