Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
View attachment 1327 I have a chance to buy a show room original 69 corvette convertable with 50,000 original miles. Original owner. The only things not original on this car is the wheels. The paint is 9 out of 10 and the under carriage is in very good shape. No power anything, windows, brakes, steering. Motor sounds and runs excellent. Top has the usual hard to see through back window. What is this car worth?
It is a 350/ 350 small block with a 4 speed. Interior is 9 out of 10 also.

Attachments

·
Registered
746 Posts
Without seeing the car its hard to say. A 9 out of 10 would be a show car. I mean is it NCRS worthy? Without pics anywhere from 15,000-30,000.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Without seeing the car its hard to say. A 9 out of 10 would be a show car. I mean is it NCRS worthy? Without pics anywhere from 15,000-30,000.
This guy has stored this for 40 yrs up on blocks inside. He starts it evey 6-12 months and runs it to warm up. Its hard to believe what shape the car is in. It has the 2nd set of bias ply tires on it. If you saw this car you would say it is 6 months old.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
This guy has stored this for 40 yrs up on blocks inside. He starts it evey 6-12 months and runs it to warm up. Its hard to believe what shape the car is in. It has the 2nd set of bias ply tires on it. If you saw this car you would say it is 6 months old.
Nice find!:partyon:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Without pictures and specifics this would be almost impossible to tell what it's worth. But remember it's worth what your willing to pay...:devil:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally pictures

View attachment 1327 I have a chance to buy a show room original 69 corvette convertable with 50,000 original miles. Original owner. The only things not original on this car is the wheels. The paint is 9 out of 10 and the under carriage is in very good shape. No power anything, windows, brakes, steering. Motor sounds and runs excellent. Top has the usual hard to see through back window. What is this car worth?
It is a 350/ 350 small block with a 4 speed. Interior is 9 out of 10 also.
Here is 2 pictures of this car. It is as nice as it looks. I am clueless on the value. I still can buy it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
69 convertible

As far as I know there is no documentation. The owner is the original buyer. I am not sure if the pictures were loaded so you could see them. Were you able to look at them? They are from a show 2 yrs ago. The car placed 4th because of not having original tires and rims. It has been in his garage and getting in the way. He wants sell this one to get a new corvette. So his asking price is around 50K but it is negotiable. I am trying to get a good idea what it is worth before I offer.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
As far as I know there is no documentation. The owner is the original buyer. I am not sure if the pictures were loaded so you could see them....his asking price is around 50K but it is negotiable...
I looked at the pics. Nice car, but honestly, the pics don't show much.

$50K is awfully, awfully high for an undocumented car. Since he says he is the original owner, I would think he would have a shoe box full of original paperwork for this car.

Have you checked the numbers on this car?

My advice would be to find someone knowledgeable with 69s to go with you and take a look at the car.

Good luck.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would also agree, the price seems high to me also. I have seen big block number matching cars in very good shape go for less than 50k$.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
$50K???? :down:

$25K-$30K???? More likely. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
For $50K go buy a NRCS big block car.

You can buy a nicely restored and documented big block car for $30-35K. Look around on ebay and auction websites to get a better idea of the value and offer him that. If he is unwilling to drop to the true value of the car let it go there are plenty more.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts