Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
leave a glossy sheen on the rubber? Anything out there that will last on a tire longer than a week and a half? Thanks!

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Adam's VRT (Vinyl, Rubber, Tire) leaves a "like new" look on the tire without the artificial glossy look. You just wipe it on and let it dry. However, to keep that look, you have to reapply every week or two. Their newest version is water resistant and supposed to last longer, but I still have the older stuff on hand. The new VRT may last longer.

·
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor
637 Posts
You mentioned cleaner, but then referred to shine... 2 different things really.

Cleaners will remove road grime, old silicone based dressings, and things of that nature from the rubber. Our All Purpose Cleaner and a stiff brush are excellent for this.

Dressings will give you the desired look you want, and our Super VRT is designed intentionally not to be super shiny or greasy looking.

You can get both products with a couple of applicators in a nice bundle:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-510-adams-super-vrt-tire-trim-combo.aspx

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You mentioned cleaner, but then referred to shine... 2 different things really.

<snipped>
Dressings will give you the desired look you want, and our Super VRT is designed intentionally not to be super shiny or greasy looking.
Thanks! I watched the video, is the dressing in the spray can the same as the VRT?

·
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor
637 Posts
Thanks! I watched the video, is the dressing in the spray can the same as the VRT?
In & Out Spray is similar, but not as durable. We recommend conserving it for areas you can't reach with an applicator and the VRT like the wiper cowl, ribbed hoses under the hood, the grill area on most cars, etc.

Doesn't really make a suitable tire dressing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts