Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ZR1 GURU's whats a rebuilt ZR1 motor worth.
A guy here in perth ,australia wants $10,000+ for one.
You can pretty much buy a whole car for twice that cant you?

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
You can buy a whole car for less than twice that. You can get the cheaper if you are willing to buy one with warts that need fixing.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
But shouldn't you factor in 'Australia'?

Well,,, I'm not ZR1 expert, but it seems bit too expensive, even considering it's Australia.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
freight to aust. is only $650 approx for a engine.
no one over here would know to much about these engines and would charge huge amounts of $$ to fix.
If this engine came out of a car that was already here then they are trying to make a huge amount of money from something not worth what they are asking as a lot of people over here tend to do.
We have a few ZR1 vettes in our club and these people have paid big money for cars that i see cheap on U.S. sites even incorporating the cost of bringing a car over $3500.
these people are paying $70-100K:WTF

·
Registered
6 Posts
not cheep

hi i have a 1988 c4 with a 1990 zr1in it. the person that had the engin and trany installed was charged 18000, 9000 for engin, this was back in early 2000. canadian prices!

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
hi i have a 1988 c4 with a 1990 zr1in it. the person that had the engin and trany installed was charged 18000, 9000 for engin, this was back in early 2000. canadian prices!
oh good god....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts