Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between a new Porsche Turbo and Turbo S ? I caught both on the interstate yesterday. They were convoying together and I passed them. Of course, both attempted to play with me to their demise. I defended the Corvette brand in a manner that would make us all proud. Amazing what 550 rwhp can do !
The 'S' was faster than the Turbo, but not that much. The race went from me in 3rd at 80-ish up to about 160, when it was clear that the p-cars didn't have the power to keep up.

Damn, I love street racin' !!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
:thumbsup: America FOOK Ya!!!

How can you really tell the difference when they are specs in your rear view????:laughing:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:thumbsup: America FOOK Ya!!!

How can you really tell the difference when they are specs in your rear view????:laughing:

When I passed them, one said Turbo, the other said Turbo S, on their rear deck lid.

Of course, that was the last time I saw that view of their cars. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Between a new Porsche Turbo and Turbo S ?
If both cars were current body style the Turbo sports 500hp and the Turbo S packs 530hp. The price is also rather steep. $135,500 for the Turbo and $160,700 for the Turbo S. I think the S also has different handling and suspension goodies and comes with the carbon ceramic brakes standard.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for answering my question. Didn't know how much hp they advertised. They were both the new body styles. One had a dealer tag. Both were black. Very sexy. I think my little C6 embarrassed them both, but they initiated the contest. Guess I had the S car by 80+ hp and was 2-300 pounds lighter. He did have a passenger, so the weight advantage might have been even greater. It was never a close contest.

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
You've got 550 hp to the rear wheels? What all have you done?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Between a new Porsche Turbo and Turbo S ? I caught both on the interstate yesterday. They were convoying together and I passed them. Of course, both attempted to play with me to their demise. I defended the Corvette brand in a manner that would make us all proud. Amazing what 550 rwhp can do !
The 'S' was faster than the Turbo, but not that much. The race went from me in 3rd at 80-ish up to about 160, when it was clear that the p-cars didn't have the power to keep up.

Damn, I love street racin' !!:thumbsup:

Dang, you did a GREAT job!!! Wooohooo ... You done us Proud!! Keep up the great work!! Oh, Sweet Vette ..;)

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Thanks for answering my question. Didn't know how much hp they advertised. They were both the new body styles. One had a dealer tag. Both were black. Very sexy. I think my little C6 embarrassed them both, but they initiated the contest. Guess I had the S car by 80+ hp and was 2-300 pounds lighter. He did have a passenger, so the weight advantage might have been even greater. It was never a close contest.
Unless you have reduced the weight in your car you may have been pretty close in weight. Curb weight for the Turbo S is 3175. Depending on your trim level your car is probably a little over 3200.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unless you have reduced the weight in your car you may have been pretty close in weight. Curb weight for the Turbo S is 3175. Depending on your trim level your car is probably a little over 3200.

I thought those cars were in the 3450 range? With my current mods, I've added about 80 pounds to the front of my car, so I figure my car with a full tank, and me in it weighs in about 3760 ( 3250 + 80 (sc) + 180 (fuel) + 250 (me).

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I thought those cars were in the 3450 range? With my current mods, I've added about 80 pounds to the front of my car, so I figure my car with a full tank, and me in it weighs in about 3760 ( 3250 + 80 (sc) + 180 (fuel) + 250 (me).
My car weighed 3147 with 1/4 tank indicated when I had the 403 engine. I have not weighed it since getting the 442 engine and Brembos. My car is a stripper. It has no options (1SX).

·
Registered
230 Posts
No, the GT2 RS is under 3,175 and would give OP a good run. A standard, AWD Porsche 911 TT is around 3600lbs or so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts