Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i purchased an oil pressure sensor for my car reason because the last one broke , so i went down to auto zone and bought a new on so i put it on and the guage read 40 psi then as it got warmer at idle it would go down close to 0 near the lines and sometimes it stays in the lines , prior to that it was at idle around 25 psi , could this be a cheap faulty sensor???

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
probably a cheap sensor? Just bring it back tell them its broken, and put on a new one. If it does the same thing, I would get a good one to make shore you have good pressure.

·
Super Moderator
8,520 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Warm Idle about 35-40 psi here on the lt1 and ls6. Sounds like you have wacko sensor, or time to start planing a rebuild.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
let me rephrase at a stand still idle im getting around 10 11 psi while acclerating at maybe 2000rpm i get around 27 psi i get about 10 psi increase at every 1000rpm , example if its at 4000rpm i get 40psi , sound normal? i read that lt1 engines run lower oil pressure than standard sbc , and a 10psi increase per 1000 rpm is normal is this correct?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts