Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On satuday my wife and I were running erands in our c6 z51 coupe, on our way home we saw A BLACK Z06 nice, going east we were going west, in the rear view I see this z06 weaving in and out of slow goers he goes flying by us we meet up at the next light, I try to give the fellow vett wave and thumbs up, this A$$ H0!e acts as if we dont exist, what the F%$#, I dont know abuot my fellow DC bros and sisters, am I taking this too personal, I felt like I still owned a mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!! Later he takes off down a popular strech of road like a bat out of hell, I know I dont have a chance running against him so I let him go I later run up to catch him, when I catch him he still arrogant will not even look over, what the F$^K , By the way he didnt see me coming up, when I caught him he couldent find his gears , when he did find himself he nearly wrecked him Z..Is this how the majority of z06 owners are????
This is very sad to me since I am a new vett owner, I gues Im just old fashoned and expect common curtusy from fellow VETT owners..

·
Only green will do...
18,391 Posts
I am not knowing about your vette against his why couldnt you catch up does he have a faster vette than you does he have bigger engine/horse power please inform and can we see your vette thanks

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I can guaranty you I am not like this dude. So to answer your question no all Z06 owners are not like that. I would have waved ran off and left you then slowed down so you could catch up so I could wave and do it again..J/K:laughing: The owner you are talking about will probably be the next one we read about in the paper when he wrecks his car, and every one will say how dangerous Vettes are. He was not a Vette guy, he was just a wealthy person that bought a fast car. The point is stupid people are dangerous not cars. And all car guys are cool but not all car owners.

here at DC you have found about 50,000 car people So enjoy and forget about the A$$'s out there. life's to short.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
On satuday my wife and I were running erands in our c6 z51 coupe, on our way home we saw A BLACK Z06 nice, going east we were going west, in the rear view I see this z06 weaving in and out of slow goers he goes flying by us we meet up at the next light, I try to give the fellow vett wave and thumbs up, this A$$ H0!e acts as if we dont exist, what the F%$#, I dont know abuot my fellow DC bros and sisters, am I taking this too personal, I felt like I still owned a mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!! Later he takes off down a popular strech of road like a bat out of hell, I know I dont have a chance running against him so I let him go I later run up to catch him, when I catch him he still arrogant will not even look over, what the F$^K , By the way he didnt see me coming up, when I caught him he couldent find his gears , when he did find himself he nearly wrecked him Z..Is this how the majority of z06 owners are????
This is very sad to me since I am a new vett owner, I gues Im just old fashoned and expect common curtusy from fellow VETT owners..
He's probably crying on the inside, people who act like that are usually emotionally damaged goods . . . or he might just have been an a$$ hole. Just don't let it kill the wave inside of you. :partyon: The worst thing is that he's the kind of irresponsible sports car driver that inspires morons in our legislatures to get a nanny-state hard-on.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Maybe he was a newbie ,since he couldn't even shift the manual trans.

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
Hell! Just ignore him and let it go. Probably either stolen, bought with mom & dad's money or has more $$ than sense or personality:laughing:

Either way, certainly not indicative of most the vette owners or Z06 jockeys.

As a matter of fact, in the not too distant past, I got a :thumbsup: and :buhbye: (along with being toyed with a bit) in my Z28 on the interstate. Granted it was pretty badassed and looked meaner than it's bite, but performance is performance and I think a true performance afficianado recognizes that regardless of the make/model of the ride.

While he was trying to find his gear, you shoulda left his ass at the light:devil:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Maybe he had alot on his mind, like somone in is family is in the hospital and his mind was somewhere else. Don't be so quick to judge on first apperances.
He might have been having the worst day of his life...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Maybe he had alot on his mind, like somone in is family is in the hospital and his mind was somewhere else. Don't be so quick to judge on first apperances.
He might have been having the worst day of his life...
That is very sensitive of you raidmajic. Was your wife watching you type this?:rolling: Sounds to me like the guy was just a d--k! There are some people that let the car go to their head. But the fact is, whether it is a C5, or C4, Z06, or Grand Sport, red or black, they are still CORVETTES. And anyone that owns one should be proud. Don't down talk yours because it might not be the fastest out there. It is still a vette and WE'RE all glad you are proud to own one. Corvette people are usually unique. Read my thread in this section entitled "You would not believe" and you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Z06 owner

As a Z06 owner I can say that is not the way I act.

You really have to feel sorry for the idiot because he thinks he has the only Z06 ever made.

Probably over paid for it and will most likely will end up repoded or totaled.

I have an 06 yellow vert and a 07 Z06,sometimes when I am driving my truck and look at a vette I get that don't you wish you owned one of these.

I just sit back and say if you only knew.

Don't let one jackass ruin it for you

ENJOY

·
Registered
721 Posts
Maybe its just a guy that has more money than brains and doesnt really give a damn about waving to other people. Next week he will prolly have something new to show off with. :partyon:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I wave at everyone:buhbye: Must be just him:surprised

·
Registered
14 Posts
yep

That is very sensitive of you raidmajic. Was your wife watching you type this? Sounds to me like the guy was just a d--k! There are some people that let the car go to their head. But the fact is, whether it is a C5, or C4, Z06, or Grand Sport, red or black, they are still CORVETTES. And anyone that owns one should be proud. Don't down talk yours because it might not be the fastest out there. It is still a vette and WE'RE all glad you are proud to own one. Corvette people are usually unique. Read my thread in this section entitled "You would not believe" and you'll see what I mean.

Well said!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
you know I have experienced the same thing on the highway. I live in central Tx and always give a thumbs up or wave, twice in the past month, to the C5's considering we dont have many C6's here. I never get a response though. I did get a thumbs up from another C4 though, gave me a little more faith in the vette people.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I live in Houston and there are tons of vettes here and i have to say that most vette owners are generly nice people. I'm only 18 and I've had my vette sence i was 16 and i have never been look down apon in any way,I've even been offered to drive a built 408 C5 and a brand new C6 with paper plates.

Like in most instance in life if you give respect you will get respect but, there are the a few people that drive there daddy's vette(I Know A Kid) and dirve it with no respect for other vette owners or for anyone eles on the road which put a bad image of corvette drives and especialy young corvette drives like my self.

·
Registered
226 Posts
well my faith has been restored in the corvette people as of yesterday. I was getting gas at the local wal mart and met the nicest guy driving a little cavalier. He talked about my corvette for a while and then said that he had one himself and was part of mid west corvette club. He then invited me to meet up with them and left. Basically that restored my faith in corvette guys, a smile, wave or few nice words really goes a long way. Best part is that my fiance wants to go too, (sorry about the hijack I was just gettting this off my chest)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts