12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

:huh:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2010-11-23-palin23_ST_N.htm

How many books is she gonna write?:rolleyes:

money, money, money....:rolleyes:

Suckers, suckers, suckers.....:rolleyes:

"In her 272-page book, Palin:

•Bashes President Obama, who presumably will be running for re-election in 2012.

"Some find the words of the Founders too limiting for their bloated vision of government," she writes at one point, citing an interview Obama gave in 2001 as Exhibit A. She says the president doesn't embrace the theory of American exceptionalism — a view she calls "appalling" — and that he betrays "a stark lack of faith in the American people."

•Takes a swipe at Michelle Obama for her comment during the 2008 campaign that "for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country." Republican presidential nominee John McCain, who propelled Palin's career by picking her as his running mate, generally ignored the remark.

Palin apparently doesn't share that reluctance. The comment "shouldn't surprise us since both of them spent almost two decades in the pews of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright's church listening to his rants against America and white people," she says.

•Salts passages with references to historians and economists, perhaps a counter to the Saturday Night Liveportrayal of her as uninformed and gaffe-prone. "If you pay attention while you're listening to C-SPAN or reading American history you're sure to come across (Alexis de) Tocqueville," she writes at one point. "He literally wrote the book on American exceptionalism." At another, she cites the views of University of Chicago economist Luigi Zingales.

"I don't claim to be a scholar of ancient Greek philosophy, but Plato is supposed to have said, 'Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle,' " she says in her penultimate chapter, which ends: "Thanks, Plato."

•Defends the Tea Party movement against accusations of racism and extremism.

"These people aren't an angry mob — they're Americans," she writes. "Why do some feel the need to demonize them?"

Beyond the book, the book tour is laced with political possibility. Palin launches a 16-stop cross-country expedition today with two stops in Iowa, which hosts the opening presidential caucuses, as well as a visit to South Carolina, which holds an early primary.

A Quinnipiac University poll released Monday reflects Palin's strengths and weaknesses. Among Republicans, she led the prospective field, edging Romney, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee and former House speaker Newt Gingrich.

Among Americans overall, however, she was viewed more negatively than any of those rivals. The survey of 2,424 registered voters, taken Nov. 8-15, has an margin of error of +/–2 percentage points."

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
:laughing:
2.5 out of the 7 in the picture, and magnified by a distortion of the aspect ratio.

Wow! Is that all you got?
:laughing:

Shall we go into the purely anti-colonialist personal views of Oblahblah in just one of his books, "Dreams From My Father" which he reported to have made $5.5 million on last year? Oblahblah quote "I mean at some point, haven't you made enough?" :laughing:

Keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Not much to disagree with in those excerpts.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Sara Palin is just another self serving self promoting career politician

And heres your proof:

I mean she's got a special needs kid at home, And shes out runnin amuck around the country promoting herself'

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Sara Palin is just another self serving self promoting career politician

f'
I don't think there are any other kind. You think Obama is in this for love of country? All of them are about power, money, and self esteem.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Where's the professional people in line, like doctors, laywers, engineers?

Was it a baggy blue jeans and old sweat shirt Saturday?

Hey, I represent that remark.:laughing: I've been accused of bein a professional person, and that's how I dress on off days. Most of the country ain't NYC or Rodeo Drive.:cheers:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

Where are yours ? It would seem to any with the slightest bit of intellectual honesty... that you would have to apply the same yard stick that your entire argument is built upon -to those of you whom dislike her.

Or... will you prove me correct, once again ?

Your reasoning is completely artificial. You and your party have done nothing but stood in the way of any female candidate that did not have a D in front of her name. You have gone out of your way to disparage them at every opportunity... and if there was no opportunity... you create one [See {"We've got to stand with our North Korean allies"}. -Going so far as to reduce them to nothing more then their anatomy and appearance.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts

Wow!

Judge books by their covers much?

I know many professional, self made, hard working millionaires who (like myself) dress in jeans, or even overalls whenever possible. :buhbye:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts

I dress like that, do you have a problem with me? What do you wear a tux's. besides all the doctors, laywers, engineers(Would not call them professional) are to busy ripping people off to actualy read any thing.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wear mostly cords, docker types, or cargos.

I have some baggy levis, and lee dungarees...

I just expected more of a mix in the line.

Just looks like a new wave of Joe the Plumbers, buyin the lies before waking up from the hype to see **** on their hands from the peers that lied to them for votes.

At least Joe woke up and smelled the coffee eventually.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
What lies do you think she is telling the average American that is tired and sick of your party's "truths" ?

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wear mostly cords, docker types, or cargos.
edit:
My bad.
wear mostly cords, docker types, or cargos in earth colors like browns, dark greens and greys.

Although I do have a nice collection of hoodies to go with my bu deans...:D

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Sounds like you would fit right in at a Palin book signing.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
There's your problem, right there. You are misinformed as to the beliefs and statements (imagine that).

Lower taxes for everybody.

SS and Medicare has never been under-attack. If you had any understanding of the feat it would take to dismantle either... you would understand that they are both as safe as they ever were.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds like you would fit right in at a Palin book signing.
sure.

with a big sign that says The Kotchtopus Owns Palin.:laughing:

Then those people would go home to AOL and search it on the AOL frame and find nothing and by some newspapers at the beer n wine shoppe and look for it, find nothing, read the horoscope, and sit back and watch DWTS before bed.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts