Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I see a corvette roll by during the day, probably about 80% of them have their parking lights on. Its not just corvettes either, I see a lot of caddies and other GM vehicles doing the same.

Is it just around my area that vette owners are doing this?

Who here drives with their parking lights on during the day?

·
DC Crew
3,482 Posts
I know for certain that the C5 and C6 have the parking lights on all the time as daytime running lights.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I always drive my Vette with the parking lights on. It is one of the first things that I do after I start the car. It just looks cool, especially on the Shark cars. Whenever you see a picture of a Vette, if the parking lights are on, it just stands out more, especially in a shadow or on an overcast day.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
The C5's, like mine, came standard with the "day time" running lights, as did most GM cars that came out after 1997. And, they made them a pain in the ass to disable as their is no driver control over it.

They are on, unless you want to make custom modifications to the wiring to bypass it. Most won't go thru the trouble.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
3,482 Posts
Patrick, Try pulling the parking brake handle one click. In all of my GM cars, this would turn the running lamps off but was not enough to engage the brake.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Patrick, Try pulling the parking brake handle one click. In all of my GM cars, this would turn the running lamps off but was not enough to engage the brake.
Considering my parking brake just exploded a few days ago because I left it on and drove for 10 miles, I'd leave out that option. :laughing:

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
I drive with parking and 50W fogs on, mainly for the added visibility. I do the same when driving the van.

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
I drive with parking and 50W fogs on, mainly for the added visibility. I do the same when driving the van.
I do the same thing. My Tahoe has white lights below the front bumper and I always keep them on. I think it just has a cool look to them.

Also, when I drove my 78 Vette, I always turned on the running lights (parking lights) I call them running lights beacuse I have them on everytime I drive.... I never leave them on when the Vette is parked!

·
Registered
646 Posts
on the c6s you can turn them off if you move the button thing next to the headlight switch...thats what i usually do

·
Registered
816 Posts
I only drive with them on if the sun is down and its still light enough to not need headlights, but dark enough that I can't see the gauges.

·
Registered
623 Posts
The C5's, like mine, came standard with the "day time" running lights, as did most GM cars that came out after 1997. And, they made them a pain in the ass to disable as their is no driver control over it.

They are on, unless you want to make custom modifications to the wiring to bypass it. Most won't go thru the trouble.:thumbsup:
You can turn them off on the C6 with just a flip of the switch on the light control..

·
Registered
230 Posts
its the law in Canada, all cars imported into Canada must be equipped with DRL's

it looks cool on all vettes, and you can been seen by others, you don't want to get in an accident, do you?

:laughing:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I drive my 76' with the parking lights on. I agree with everyone else, it looks cool. I also seem to remember reading that your risk of getting rear ended goes down something like 40% if you have some sort of light on.

My DD's (Toyota 4-runner) daytime running lights are the parking lights.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I leave my Corvette DRLs on, unless I don't want to be noticed while speeding on the highway. On my Expedition, I have the "FU lights" which I use when some pecker cuts me off. They are 100 watt Hellas, mounted on a brushguard. :partyon:

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
I do the same thing. My Tahoe has white lights below the front bumper and I always keep them on. I think it just has a cool look to them.

Also, when I drove my 78 Vette, I always turned on the running lights (parking lights) I call them running lights beacuse I have them on everytime I drive.... I never leave them on when the Vette is parked!
When they burnt out on my Z71 I replaced them with the amber color. You think they look cool when they're white, try the amber. :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts