Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i knew nothing about corvettes,i would assume the car on the left was the newest model.I do like the C6,but in my opinion G.M. is not heading the direction of looks for my taste.
Next vette will be a C4 or early C3....what do you think.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well said,i like the C6 in general,it's definatly a smaller car,i never saw them side by side from the front like this,i don't like the way the car appears higher off the ground,if i could photo-shop,i would put my car next the C6 in the picture.My car is 3 1/2" lower than the stock Z06.It would look like a chop top compaired to the C6.:laughing:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:agree: probably wouldn't look to bad on a black car,with black-out lens,but of coarse that would be illegal.:smokin: :stick: ahhh.

·
Registered
47 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
If i knew nothing about corvettes,i would assume the car on the left was the newest model.I do like the C6,but in my opinion G.M. is not heading the direction of looks for my taste.
Next vette will be a C4 or early C3....what do you think.
I agree with your opinion. I've got goregous 02 MAg Red coupe that the C6 bump and grind design just can't beat. It's my 1oth Vette so I've seen a bunch through the years, This C6 is just way too busy in the rear and the headlamps don't cut it. Your photo shows it correctly.

GM would have done wonders creating a slide-back lid on the lights and get rid of the worthless bump on the rear deck. The rear license plates area is totally of out control design. If they wanted to haev the ability for larger international plates they should have that as an european option and not force the US market.

O say to those of us who love the C5 vs the C6 bring on the aftermarketers for new interior and components. I like the interior on the C6 and some of the many new options but I'd rather spend the added cost on completely redoing my the C5's interior than spend a dime on the C6 exterior.

Give my a crack at the redesigning this mis-guided design team at GM and you'd see a Vette that both says Vette but also says future. Too bad they blew it so far. Very disappointing

:agree: :down:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I don't know anymore. I love the look of the C6 in the Chevy commercial but, when I stare at the static images of it, I don't care for it as much and the C5 looks better to me.

That pic you posted does make the C6 look much taller. Does anyone have the dimensions of the C6 so we can compare it to the C5 and tell if that pic is accurate?

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi TLM,
Nice site you found here,do you know any of the chicago mob(thats what i call Patrick and the other origanal members)I will repaint my car soon,i love mag red,It's either black again,yellow with black flames,or mag-red.Some good points you made there.10th vette,:surprised on my 3rd,this ones a keeper for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts