Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how fast you guys have gotten in your vette's. Iv only gone about 130 cause that’s where it top's off. And have any of you gotten the Eckler's 140 or 160 speed O's. Do you need to do any thing elsa but take your out and put there's in.

·
Registered
746 Posts
My speedometer goes to 160 and I often run at 130. With my overdrive and 3.08 gears that is only about 3000 rpm and the motor has no problem pulling that.
I am just too afraid of the police to go any faster and feel even at that speed I would end up in jail, the car impounded and loose my license for 5 years. Forget insurance.
Those are the reasons I try to keep it down.
My car does have extensive reworked suspension and motor.:laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
749 Posts
i drive mine like an old lady. :( i'm too old to stand in front of a judge and explain why i was doing over 100. (altho, admittedly i've been there a couple times) but once there i realized there was really no need for it.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I wouldn't do it in a C3! But, the C4... that's another story. The Sledgehammer C4 was stable at over 220 mph!
Top speed set Oct 19, 1989 reaching 254.76 mph.The car was driven by John Lingenfelter.

and i'm pretty sure that record still stands :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
In the 2000 C5 = 160 mph
In the 1981 C3 = 120 mph (put in a 140 mph speedo)

But only on a closed race track with both cars ...

:buhbye: :stick:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I really haven't had a chance to find out yet. When I bought it, there was all orig parts in the rear susp and drivetrain. Loose as a goose! Suffering from a bad case of torque thrust. Accel and it would pull in one direction, decel and it would pull back the other direction. Not to mention a really poor frt end align. It was a real handfull to just drive! Found it rather fun actually, but knew this was unsafe. Never saw over 80, and a moment at that.
Hopefully next yr I can explore the straights of some deserted highways! :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Time for a taller gear!:laughing:
Yeah I was thinking of doing the Hone-o-drive like the Baldwin Motion Vette's but can't find one, I know it is alittle different than what most people do, but it makes it more fun.

·
Registered
90 Posts
snipcod said:
Don&Kelly where did you get the 140 speed O. Is it the ecklers speed O. How hard was it to put in.
snipcod:

It was easy to replace - I got ours from Red Line Gauge & Clock Repair 1-800-375-2310 - John Devorski - $25 face + $20 calibrate - $11.50 Shipping total $56.50 exchange for your old one.

Neat guy .. I called him told him what I wanted & what I had & he sent me one right out ... I installed & shipped him my speedo right back to him ...

:excited:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts