Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this car from the 2nd owner. It was leased until 6000 miles, 2nd owner had it until 19,000 miles.

A year later it turned into this... custom flame job.

Two weeks after that fire I bought this from Roger's Corvette center.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sorry for your loss of that black beauty, but looks like her replacement is quite worthy.:cheers:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I wish my car would catch on fire to make a trade up like that :D

JUST KIDDING!!!

Well, if it was sitting outside...

Um, how did it catch on fire?

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bender said:
I wish my car would catch on fire to make a trade up like that :D

JUST KIDDING!!!

Well, if it was sitting outside...

Um, how did it catch on fire?
It just started on fire. Something electrical, and somewhere in the engine compartment after I pulled into my garage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Story .... 10 years ago i would have laughed in your face if you suggested that i would ever own a corvette. I was driving a pick up for years, then one day it happened - I decided i wanted a sports car. sold the truck and bought a 82 datsun 280zx. that car was a dog and i got trashed by everyone. So i decided i needed a REAL sports car. 3 years of looking and preparing the wife. I bought a 94 6spd and love it.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Not as sad as yours! I've wanted a Vette since I was 10 years old so in 97 at 24 I finally got it and STILL don't regret it!!!:excited:

·
Registered
990 Posts
LOVE those Grand Sports

·
Registered
623 Posts
Well got a new vette outta the deal and if you played it right a new Garage!

"Yeah Mr. Insuranceguy... That was a One of Seven 1983 corvette in there!"

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
Electrical fire. Yeah, right. You had your eye on the GS all along.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am 23 now. 4 years ago i wanted a 96 chevy blazer. my dad sees the vette in a used lot in the back and made me take a look. I didn't want the priblems of an older car (mine is an 85). After I heard that engine turn on I was HOOKED. Bought the car 2 days later after checkin out the report. I HAVE NO REGRETS! (especially when I get to beat out one of those little honda's w/$5K worth of work in it, its a great feelin)

·
Registered
509 Posts
I always wanted a vette ever since I was a little kid.. always thought I could never afford one.. I love the GS but still couldn't afford one.. so I bought the closesest thing I could a 95 admiral blue.. but thats ok.. I'm currently building a nice power plant for him.. probably an 383 LT4... hee hee hee if I'm lucky.. Oh btw I'm only 21.. but I bust my A$$ to earn mine..
-Rick

·
Registered
990 Posts
You got your head screwed on right, the old addige of if you work for it you enjoy it more is very true. I wish I was that focused at 21. My idea at 21 was to get laid, and have a bunch of cool ones.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Michael Malone Smith said:
My idea at 21 was to get laid, and have a bunch of cool ones.
I guess I'm just the opposite, I don't really drink (ask ChiMan) and my g/f is a nymph but I am like, um no.. I really don't need to end up with a kid like a few of my friends... I really just want to get my career going and possibly my own shop within the next few years...
-Rick

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
Would you believe I got my first vette (a '78) in 1993 by trading it even for a 1989 nissan 6 cyl pickup! - To a dealer! Was worth every penny esp since I didn't pay a dime for the truck! LOL

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Wanted a vette my whole life, got my first one when I was 43, 59 now and on my fourth, and still love them. Don't ever see myself without one now. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
here it goes....
I had a Camaro
Jeff made me buy a Vette
end of story

·
Registered
64 Posts
My story starts in a quaint little town on a christmas eve.....
hahaha

When I turned 16 my dad gave me his 87 Camaro IROC 5.7 (which was the coolest thing to have a tree fitty in highschool :D ) I dove it for about 6 months and then smashed it into the back of a BRAND SPANKIN NEW gmc serria ( Driver wa really really angry with me.)

Chapter two, bought a 96 Camaro Z26 M6 dod some mods to it, Triflo catback, 1/6 RR, ZR1 wheels (315's in the back) Bilstiens, Springs, LCA, Panhard bar, Sway bars, Strut tower brace...then decided to sell it after putting 20,000 miles on it reaching 84,000.

Called Rogers Corvettes and struck a deal on GS #344 with 16,400miles still enjoying it and will never look at an F-body again :nuts: I'm not ever selling the GS only adding to my Corvette collection and might evetually throw a Viper ACR or porche Turbo S in the garage :) My wife can drive and Audi A6 TT

I like to think into the future.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts