Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 2002 z06 and am thinking I would like to upgrade to 18/19 or 19/20.

I hardly ever track the car - I have fun on the streets and drive it regularly around town. Keeping the car around the same comfort (or better!) is def. important to me.

If I change to 18/19 or even 19/20 - will this effect the ride quality? I am imagining 19/20 might be like riding a piece of cardboard lol

Will I have to have the speedometer adjusted?

What is offsetting? And "tubbing" ?

Told you I know nothing!

Basically I know I will love the look of the larger wheels. Its my favorite feature on the C6, but I don't want to have an uncomfortable ride. I was looking on a few websites at rims. Can anyone also advise what brands to steer clear of and what are great? I can tell from prices that HRE are top notch. I was looking at corvette garage. Are their wheels good quality?

Which combo do you think I would enjoy? Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated! Thank in advance! :buhbye:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wanted to go to the 18" / 19" setup too.

After a ton of research, I went with the C6 Z51's Goodyear F1 Supercar runflats on CCW SP500 rims. At the same time, I upgraded to Hotchkis sway bars.

The rolling diameters are identical, so no speedometer change to report.

I don't autocross, but I am tuned for "agressive street".

In the end, the ride is firm but not harsh. I love the look of the wheels. They are not too big for the C5, but look good.

***EDIT***

Since you have a Z06, you have OEM non-runflats. I suggest the BF Goodrich KDW2 in a 275/35/18 on a 18x9.5" rim along with a 305/30/19 on a 19x11" rim. Speedometer will be "within spec" and it will look NASTY.

·
Registered
883 Posts
19/20 will affect the ride quality, but nothing a set of Bilstein sports won't fix.

·
Banned
622 Posts
I went with the 18-9.5 front and 18- 11's on back I'm very happy with them. No speedo problem's, It may ride a little stiffer, but in a good way. It handles way better. Plan on lowering it and geting a set of bilstein sport shocks also, to complete the new look :thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I went 19x10's on all corners... works for me... no matter what size wheele/tire combo you go with the ride will be a little stiffer but all is within reason... in the chase to look good on the street and to improve the performance of your ride:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts