Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tire Sizes?? (I know it belongs in W/T, but more traffic here)

Hey guys,

The 02 Z rims are spec'd out to 265/40R17s for the front. Is it possible to put the 255/40R17s on instead? I have ordered the tires and am awaiting technical confirmation from tirerack to process my order, but he isn't sure it will work b/c they aren't stock sizes.

Will it work guys?

Thanks for any help:huh:

Josh

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Hey guys,

The 02 Z rims are spec'd out to 265/40R17s for the front. Is it possible to put the 255/40R17s on instead? I have ordered the tires and am awaiting technical confirmation from tirerack to process my order, but he isn't sure it will work b/c they aren't stock sizes.

Will it work guys?

Josh
Most cases 255's will look ghetto.

What are you putting on the rear? You should do 265/295 or 275/305. Otherwise the sidewalls will look strange compared front to back.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hey guys,

Will it work guys?

Josh
Why would you even want to do that?? :huh:

BTW, the rims are not 265/40/17, the tires are. The wheels (rims) are 17x9.5.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the confusion guys. I went to respond to your posts, but my internet at home went out, damn Brighthouse and Roadrunner. Anyways, back to the post.

The KDW NT don't come in the 265 for my 17" front and they do have 295 for my 18" back. The place I was going to get my tires from ordered a set of 255s for the front and 295s for the rear. That is why I went and ordered those. They haven't shipped yet, still waiting on technical review. I'm kind of stuck here, but would rather have more tire patch up front then less. So, will the 275 actually work up front as far as fitting on the rim. I'm very ignorant when it comes to this. I would have loved to get a 275/305 set but they don't have the 305s for the rear 18" rims.

I'm pretty sure it will look a little weird but I guess I'll have to burn the tires to even them out.:devil:

So, Hopefully you'll understand what I'm mean and what position I'm in.

Oh, Longhorn, I realized that I messed up the title, but when I went in to change and reply my internet was becoming very intermittent. Then completely went out, sorry.

Thanks for all the help guys. I need to get this answered and my tires pushed through to shipping.

Josh

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
255 should work but I would go with 265 or 275's
If they work I will go with a 275. They don't offer the 265 unfortunately, but didn't realize a 275 until after I started looking.

Thanks,

Josh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts