Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,
Real quick background info on me--I purchased my first vette a month ago and have since taken it to the track twice now. She's a 2008 Z51 6 speed manual. 100% bone stock with the original factory air filter. My best time came last night with a [email protected] mph (2.1 60' on 17k mile runflats).

I'm looking to pick up a pair of rear wheels/tires to bolt on in the garage and then drive to the track 25 miles away.

I'll be picking up street wheels/tires soon so I don't want to be using them at the track for obvious reasons.

I've searched the forums as best I can but have yet to find anything definitive.

I've heard of C6 guys running 18" C5Z wheels on the back with a good drag radial.

What is a good wheel/tire combo for someone who is new and just starting out?
A local shop is selling a pair of Toyo TQs in 345 40 17s but I don't even know where to grab a wheel to mount them on. Who makes a 17x12" wheel?

Thanks in advance for the replies and help.

Justin

·
Registered
147 Posts
I run Nitto 305 x 35 x18 on 10.5" wide wheels. Very little tire spin,
car go's straight , i drive on the street with these. With Nitto INVO'S the car would go sideways on a 1to2 power shift and then the computer would nose me over if i forgot to push the T.C button. I dont need to deactivate the traction control with D.R's.
No slip !!:partyon:
good luck
Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts