Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago I swapped in a complete iron rearend setup out of a '78 I got from a forum member. He was going to a straight axle so I got everything from him including VB&P offset TA's, diff, crossmember, half shafts, VB&P monospring, bilstein shocks, etc etc... I haven't taken advantage of the offset arms yet as my tires still had plenty of life, but when it's time to replace them I plan on going wider.

I wanted to get a thread together showing what different setups guys with offset trailing arms are running for wheels/tires. I know theres already a wheel/tire thread, but I haven't seen one specific to offset TA's. If you have offset TA's and are running something wider than an 8" wheel, post up some pics and specs of what you have! Please include:

-Wheel dimensions including offset and backspacing if possible
-Tire size
-Whether you are using a spacer or not
-Whether you are still within the stock wheel wells or are flared
-Whether you have any issues rubbing etc.

Hopefully we can get some good info together!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I read that someone is running 10x18 with 295/18/35 back spacing was 5.5 no spacer no flares, ride tech suspension.

If you need a spacer change the back spacing, 1/4" spacer/5.75 back space.

They also used the same tire and wheel combo up front!

Must be the 18" wheel that makes this work!

By the way, these were on steel bumper c3s

·
Registered
2 Posts
Exactly as the link to discount tires direct illustrates, it's the amount in which the wheel mounting surface is "offset" from the center of the rim.
Word of advice, research exactly what the spec of your vehicles oem wheels are as well as those of the wheels you're interested in buying. If you're talking about a sports car, tolerances might be quite tight
Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts