Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tires are on! What do you think? How much driving does it take to reset the suspension? Do you think I need to lower it now?

·
Registered
509 Posts
notjustanotherredVETTE said:
tires are on! What do you think? How much driving does it take to reset the suspension? Do you think I need to lower it now?

I am confused....
What do you mean "reset" the suspension? the alignment will not adjust to the new rims just by driving it..

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Wheels and tires are on!!!!

VetteTech81 said:
I am confused....
What do you mean "reset" the suspension? the alignment will not adjust to the new rims just by driving it..
I had the car on jack stands for about a week and the car hasn't settled back to normal ride height because I haven't had a chance to drive it anywhere.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Wheels and tires are on!!!!

I had the car on jack stands for about a week and the car hasn't settled back to normal ride height because I haven't had a chance to drive it anywhere.
Weird.. I had mine up on stands for a while more then a week when I did the trans and it was right at the same ride height as before after I put it down.. are you running taller diameter tires then before? thats just odd to me that it wouldn't settle back down after just rolling it back and forth a few times..

·
Registered
67 Posts

Where did u get those blackout for the lights i like them :D the wheels r nice too hehe

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The black outs are from MAD. I als have the front ones to match.

That's what I was wondering what it took for the suspension to settle. I drove it about two hundred yards so your saying it is now at ride height? I think I want to go lower and I didn't know if you had to really drive it (road test) for it to settle. Also would you know if this will chabge my spedo? I had 255/50's on the car before? Thanks for your help.

B

·
0 Posts
If you didnt match the overall diameter of the wheel then yes your speedo will be incorrect. This is also the reason why the car's stance is off.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Wheels and tires are on!!!!

VetteTech81 said:
Weird.. I had mine up on stands for a while more then a week when I did the trans and it was right at the same ride height as before after I put it down.. are you running taller diameter tires then before? thats just odd to me that it wouldn't settle back down after just rolling it back and forth a few times..
Whenever my car is up on jackstands, it always sits higher until I can drive it around. When the car is up, the tires go inward. They don't stay straight up and down. ;)

·
Registered
509 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:
If you didnt match the overall diameter of the wheel then yes your speedo will be incorrect. This is also the reason why the car's stance is off.
Yup...
:partyon: :surprised :partyon:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Get a set of lowering bolts from MAD, measure distance from center of wheel well to pavement on all wheels, drop the rear till all are close; leave a little rake if you do high speed driving.

When you drop the rear even the front tires fit the wheel wells a little better.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got the bolts I was waiting to see if the rear needed to be dropped. Is the install as easy as it looks?

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've got the bolts I was waiting to see if the rear needed to be dropped. Is the install as easy as it looks?
Yup just be carefull when dealing with the spring.. you can be serverly injured if your jack slips..

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Looks great! What a difference new wheels make!

·
Registered
19 Posts
What wheel size and offset did you use on the rear? I have seen 36 and 50 as offsets for the rear, one I heard is suppose to set the rear wheel inward a little if you go with the 11" rear rim and one sets it out a little like on the GS. The ones you have look great. I had 17x9.5 replica "A" molds on the 89' I had, they were polished, next time I'm going with chrome.
Looks good!!

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
17" x 9.5" in the front and 17" x 11" in the rear the offset is 38mm
I went with polished because I had some chrome Eagle alloys and had lots of problems with the chrome flaking and they weren't willing to make it right and it looked crappy so to avoid that no more chromies for me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts