Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still waiting on my new wheels to arrive. Had to swap out the 17" TT II's since there was too much runout. They tried more TT II's, but had the same probs. Went with the Edelbrock 409's since I heard they run very true. We'll see... In the mean time, anyone with the 17" 409's on their buggy please jump in with some pics and opinions. It'll help with the waiting period. :D

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Hmm... I don't know of anyone running the Edelbrock 409's ... but I did have my TT2's on my old C4.... what do you mean by "run out" .... ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rims wobbled. I first noticed it when they put one on a balancing machine and the guy was having problems with it. They used a Hunter 9700, which checks the tire/rim high and low points and indicates where they should rotate the tire on the rim for the best resulting balance (this is before using any weights). But that part had nothing to do with the runout. I could see the rims wobbling. Not a lot, but enough that it took lots of creative weight placing to get it within specs. I can still feel it on the road though. Too bad, since I think they're one of the best looking wheels on a C3. :(

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Chris81 said:
The rims wobbled. I first noticed it when they put one on a balancing machine and the guy was having problems with it. They used a Hunter 9700, which checks the tire/rim high and low points and indicates where they should rotate the tire on the rim for the best resulting balance (this is before using any weights). But that part had nothing to do with the runout. I could see the rims wobbling. Not a lot, but enough that it took lots of creative weight placing to get it within specs. I can still feel it on the road though. Too bad, since I think they're one of the best looking wheels on a C3. :(
That sucks. That shouldn't happen when you get a brand new set of wheels.... did they take them back?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, they finally took them back. It took took a few months of phone calls and visits to get them off their butts. Then again, I still haven't seen the new wheels yet..... Said it would be 4-6 weeks. It's been about that now, so time for another visit. They cringe whenever I show up. :p

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Chris81 said:
Yeah, they finally took them back. It took took a few months of phone calls and visits to get them off their butts. Then again, I still haven't seen the new wheels yet..... Said it would be 4-6 weeks. It's been about that now, so time for another visit. They cringe whenever I show up. :p
I bet! But nothing worse then cruising in a vette that wobbles. I only had about 500 miles on mine when the car was totalled.

Any more pics of your car?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts