Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of any replacement wheels besides those of GM's design? theres the ZR1's, the stocks, and I know about the Hickocks and C5 types, any others ? For a more custom look?

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Check out the C4 sections in the gallery.

There must be 40 different kinds of custom wheels in there. You can then e-mail the person who uploaded the pic to learn more about them.

The gallery is the BEST place to start for sure.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Check out the C4 sections in the gallery.

There must be 40 different kinds of custom wheels in there. You can then e-mail the person who uploaded the pic to learn more about them.

The gallery is the BEST place to start for sure.:thumbsup:

Great place to start. There are soooooo many wheel choices available. Just need the money to find the set you want. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
sheriffd2 said:
anyone know of any replacement wheels besides those of GM's design? theres the ZR1's, the stocks, and I know about the Hickocks and C5 types, any others ? For a more custom look?
I have looked everywhere for wheels, wheels who are beautifull and also match my specs. I can tell a lot about this now a days. If you want wheels wider than 11" then your choice would be rather tin. If you want wheels who are very strong, your choice would be thinner..and you wanna pay less.........oeps.....

So, answer those three things, and I can give you a good answer for wheels. I know a few good options....

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
wow,
there are so many wheel's for c4 and c5,Mallet,CCW,Exotic muscle,Weld Evo.so many i can't even list them all.CCW's and Evo's even have a nice lip and deep dish.some company's will make you custom rim's if you have the cash.:thumbsup: these wheel's listed are very strong....:smokin:

·
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was mostly interested in a set of wheels in a five spoke design, something like the ZR1's, that I could accent paint to match my competition yellow bodycolor... without taking out a second mortgage. Has anybody had any success painting the ZR1 rims?:huh:

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
sheriffd2 said:
I was mostly interested in a set of wheels in a five spoke design, something like the ZR1's, that I could accent paint to match my competition yellow bodycolor... without taking out a second mortgage. Has anybody had any success painting the ZR1 rims?:huh:
Buy the black or silver ZR1 wheels, then take them to a powder coater to strip and coat. My GS wheels are stock (obviously) and the paint is flaking. Powdercoat looks better, and is much tougher.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
my mistake,
i thought you meant "other" than ZR-1 or C5.i gave my 99 rim's to Hawaiian Punch,he painted them black with a polished lip.they looked great.they bolted right on and the car is very low.he get's compliment's all the time.
now he has crome 99 rim's on there.his car is in the gallery.:buhbye:

·
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hawaii, no, you've been helpful, I was asking for all suggestions, but I guess I'm just patial to the ZR1 five spoke look, or something similar. I do like your suggestion of powder coating a set of ZR1's. Mmmmmmm sunglass commanding yellow powder coated z's, yessss that would be sexy! I did find a great looking set of wheels from momo (I know, I know) but of course they aren't made in Corvette size, check em out... http://www.momo.it/Momo/cerchi/grandi/tuner4.jpg damn ricers :laughing:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
those do look pretty good.there definatly origanal.then maybe paint the caliper's black with yellow letter's,or silver with black letter's.just make sure you post some picture's when your done.should look really good.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Powder coating ZR-1's would be the cheapest way to go. What did that site say about the options on those wheels you posted?

·
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
checking......

·
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
momos available sizes in this model....

7x17 SILVER $279.00 EACH

7x17 CHROME $441.00 EACH

8X17 SILVER $299.00 EACH

8X17 CHROME $461.00 EACH

8X18 SILVER $461.00 EACH

8X18 CHROME $622.00 EACH

too bad.:(

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Hey I just noticed your from Riverview. I'm from Brandon. You should coem out to Plant city's monthly car show.

·
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
raidmagic, details please!

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Third Sat. of every month in the historic district of beautiful downtown Plant City. It's really and old car show but my dad (bob88con)and I bring our Vette's up there and there are a few other late model cars. For a taste check out my gallery.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts