Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met up with the Whelen Motorsports group this past weekend at Road Atlanta and was able to convince Eric Curran to run a helmet camera. We asked him to get some good footage. What followed was awesome.

Eric started in last and managed to work his way up to first before coming off of the track. He was only on track for a total of ten minutes. He passed seventeen cars on the first lap.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Amazing...........chewing up and spitting out Porsches and Vipers, all before lunch. :devil:

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Watching helmet cam stuff for more than a short period of time is too tiring. No way can I watch that whole thing!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Sick! What was that constant noise? Is that thing SC? That red ACR gave him a good run for his money on the two straights...they were both on it! Nice video. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Sick! What was that constant noise? Is that thing SC? That red ACR gave him a good run for his money on the two straights...they were both on it! Nice video. :thumbsup:
Pretty sure it's just gears meshing in the transmission.

That is a pretty sick video. Though I'm gonna have to agree with Patrick, it'd be more watchable on a fixed mounting point.

Thanks for video.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What was that constant noise?
Straight cut gears in the transmission.

Though I'm gonna have to agree with Patrick, it'd be more watchable on a fixed mounting point.
Videos from a fixed mount are boring. They don't show movement or convey the sense of speed that these cars are actually going. Plus, there's no way to get an angle like that video without it actually being mounted the way it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts