Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm heating up my drag radials at the track, I pop the clutch and get my foot over the brake.

For some reason the rear end of the car starts drifting towards the left. I have to let off or the car will be pointing the wrong way! So, I can't do long burnouts.

Why won't it stay pointing forward? Is it possible one of the rear calipers is grabbing the rotor a little better than the other?

Could it be a rear-alignment issue?

Would a line-lock help?

·
Registered
91 Posts
A line-lok would help, you would not have to worry about the brakes, the line-lok holds the front brakes. The car will move because of friction when you are spinning the tires in the water box because they are almost on top of the water like when you drive in the rain and start to hydro-plane.... (I stayed ay a Holiday Inn last night) and I do not know what I am talking about:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I think I'd have to be in the car with you to offer any help. :laughing:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
96LT4 said:
I think I'd have to be in the car with you to offer any help. :laughing:
yeah mister i get beat by an Auto LT1.....:nuts: :spanked:

·
Registered
509 Posts
vettn94 said:
seems like 6spd cars seem to have more trouble staying in the burnout box. How are you doing burnouts with a broken gas pedal anyway :D
Man I am getting anxious to get out to the track it will be my first time to the track ever.. hopefully soon!!! can't wait to see what my lt1 will do...
-Rick

·
Registered
336 Posts
I dump mine in 2nd and then jump on the brake right away, sometimes it goes sideways but I just ride it out when I let off the brake.

I think I might have to try some burnouts in your car patrick :D

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MVR 155 said:
I dump mine in 2nd and then jump on the brake right away, sometimes it goes sideways but I just ride it out when I let off the brake.

I think I might have to try some burnouts in your car patrick :D
No problem! We can trade cars anytime your nitrous bottle is full!

·
Registered
336 Posts
A full nitrous bottle is like the American Express Card...... Dont leave home without it :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts