Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hey, my garage is ALWAYS open to my fellow Kentucky "homies" so feel free to drop by and break bread. I might even let you see my wall mount of Spider Pat when I get it now that I know he came by here and didn't stop by! :spanked:

I look forward to the visit. :thumbsup:
:laughing: I look forward to it as well...if you ever get out to Phoenix, you can see Spider Pat's wall mount of me for letting that out :D

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Uh oh! :surprised

QB Says University of Alabama Offered Him a Corvette To Play Football

The University of Alabama Crimson Tide football team could be in some hot water, following a pair of posts on social media.

The first post was sure to raise a few eyebrows on its own. It's an Instagram of sophomore running back Derrick Henry standing in front of his new Dodge Challenger (we're guessing it's an R/T based on the fender stripes). Complete with a custom set of wheels, the image was enough to trigger more than a few questions about where an unemployed student-athlete came up with the money for such a purchase. Now, this could be harmless. Henry, flush with a full-ride to Bama could have convinced his parents to get him something nice with his college fund.

Former West Virginia quarterback Pat White said Thursday on Facebook that the University of Alabama once offered him a Corvette to sign with the Crimson Tide.

White, who now plays for the Edmonton Eskimos of the Canadian Football League, was responding to an Instagram photo posted by Alabama running back Derrick Henry, who was sporting a new car.

"Stop pretending like you didn't know the crimson tide has been doing this for years. Still glad I turned down a Corvette to become a mountaineer," White said in the Facebook post.

According to The Tennessean, Alabama coach Nick Saban brushed off questions about White's comment at a Crimson Caravan event in Nashville on Thursday evening.

"I didn't even know it happened so I can't comment on it," Saban said. "Is that the best thing we can talk about? Kiss my ass."

White was a high school prospect prior to Saban's tenure with Alabama. Former Alabama running backs coach Sparky Woods told Rivals.com that the Crimson Tide had little interest in White, who had a decorated career with WVU from 2005-08. Mike Shula was the Alabama head coach during that time frame.

Woods told The Tuscaloosa News, "I didn't recruit Pat, but I remember he wanted to be a quarterback. I remember a discussion that we weren't going to recruit him as a quarterback. That was kind of a closed book on him pretty early because he wanted to be a quarterback."

Do I hear the term "vacated titles" being thrown around??? :D

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Do I hear the term "vacated titles" being thrown around??? :D
So White, who didn't go to Alabama and according to the piece you posted wasn't heavily recruited, was supposedly offered a Corvette at least 10 years ago and you think this means vacated titles? Let's say they vacated every Alabama title..... Louisville still wouldn't be close enough to hold the Alabama jock strap let alone win the vacated title. :nuts:

And because a guy posts a photo of himself by a new car that means Alabama gave it to him? :huh:

You better come up with some better stuff in your next dream Rip Van Winkle because this is rather light, especially considering this photo was posted back in May. .

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
my friends grandmother ( shes 86 and 100% korean ) was asking me what i thought of the riots in ferguson today--i said it was sad, that the people rioting were just perpetuating the stereotypes and reinforcing the race based opinions of everyone.

i promise-hand on heart, gun to head--- she said " well if they want them to leave, they should just send up a helicopter and drop patternity tests and job applications into the crowd"....

i laughed so hard i was crying. i gave her a hug and a kiss when we left.

im sure that will piss of some people, but fathom this- this is a woman who was in an internment camp when she was just a child after the bombing of pearl harbor during WWII, because the government thought all asians were going to help japan. and, i thought it was fricken funny.

161 - 167 of 167 Posts