Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In about May of next year I will be moving 60 miles away from where I live now, which is only 5 miles from my job. My 85 can definitely do 5 miles per day, but not 65. I am in the need of a new daily driver.

I would like the new C6 to be my daily driver. But when will it be available? If it is available by June, which the Motor Trend article speculated, it would be great. But if it was released in September/November like most other new cars, I might have to get something else.:(

How was the C5 initially sold back in 1997? Was it available for sale before other cars on the market? With the past you can know the future, so this is important.

I been deliberating lately on what to get. The Ram SRT-10 or the C6. I only wish that the C6 had pop-up headlights and it would be a no-brainer. The new front end takes some getting used to.

Thanks in advance.:partyon:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
When I bought my 04 last month from Kerbeck Chevrolet he said that the C6 would most likely be available late summer, however, he expected to have them available by the end of June as GM was looking to reward them for being the World's largest Corvette dealer. His 04's were available early July this year while everyone else supposedly had them for October 1 sales.

·
Banned
591 Posts
I read somewhere that production starts in May.....

·
Registered
101 Posts
The information I've seen suggests it may be August and possibly September before the cars are generally available. The '04's were being built in late June '03 and were fairly widely available by mid-July. For that change, however, there would have been no changeover required to the production line. FWIW.

But really, it's all just plans, estimates and guesswork at this time. All sorts of issues could delay the car.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,516 Posts
Miles are a bitch when you have yo go to work. If you have your sight set on a C6, I say go for it. But, in the say 4 months (J-J-A-S) that you will probably have to wait for delivery after the time you move you are going to rack up about 10K miles If your 85 isn't up to this you might look to get a beater for a few months then sell it when you get the C6.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Offering the vette for sale at mid summer could hurt its sales boom. Most buyers would opt to purchase the vette before the summer so they will be able to enjoy the car during the summer time.
Offering the car for sale at late summer can cause many potential buyers to back off and wait another year or so for the following summer -
Would most of you think so?
David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts