Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been a few places. Not as much as most, but in time, who knows?

Our list so far is:
All the southern provinces of Canada.
Every US state except Alaska, Washington, and Oregon.
Mexico
Japan
Germany
Luxemburg
Lichtenstein
Austria
France
Switzerland
Holland
Belgium
Italy
England
Puerto Rico
Virgin Islands

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
most of the states on the eastern sea board and arizona, nevada, and canada

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I've been to

34 states and Wash. DC
England
Gibraltor
France
Spain
Italy
Corsica (French Island)
Sardinia (Italian Island)
Sicily
Greece
Crete
Israel
Cyprus
Canada
Mexico
Brazil
Aruba
Bahamas
Puerto Rico
Curacao

I think that's about it...
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chalky said:
Bubblehead:

Were you in the Navy? Some of those countriesa re familiar!!
He was under the Navy:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
biltogo said:
He was under the Navy:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
:laughing:

Chalky, I did 9 years in the Submarine Force (FT2(SS)). I've got 3 Med runs under my belt including a trip to the Red Sea.

I got out in '97 and recently (11/02) joined the reserves. I'm back on active duty now and had to change rates. I'm an IT2 now.

I take it you are Navy/Ex-Navy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Bubblehead:

I was in from 66-70, a tin can sailor. I was a MM2 when igot out, a long time ago. I saw some of the same ports as you.

B

·
0 Posts
biltogo said:
We've been a few places. Not as much as most, but in time, who knows?

Our list so far is:
All the southern provinces of Canada.
Every US state except Alaska, Washington, and Oregon.
Mexico
Japan
Germany
Luxemburg
Lichtenstein
Austria
France
Switzerland
Holland
Belgium
Italy
England
Puerto Rico
Virgin Islands
Are you friggin' kidding me with this list?! "Not as much as most." Rudy, I've never even been out of the country, you lucky SOB! In fact, I had really only lived in, or traveled to, the Western states until about five years ago, then I suddenly started having reasons to travel further. Now my list includes at least a dozen more throughout the U.S. (many of them due to the S&S tour last year. I'm such a non-traveling loser. :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
In the last 15 years of business travel, I've visited every state except a handful in the NE (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Delaware) and Alaska. Hit every other state multiple times. :rolleyes:

Other favorite (?) work-related trips out of the country are Mexico, England, Scotland, Germany, France, and Italy.

Vacations over the last 20 years allowed us to visit almost every one of the Caribbean islands. :cheers:

Business travel is highly overrated -- the hotel room looks the same in every state/country. I now make certain the hotel stationary is on the nightstand so if I forget where I am in the morning, I can easily check! :laughing:

Our corporate travel group estimates that they've booked me on about 4,500 flight segments over the years...

Brad

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Re: Re: Where abouts have you all traveled to?

B-girl said:
Are you friggin' kidding me with this list?! "Not as much as most." Rudy, I've never even been out of the country, you lucky SOB! In fact, I had really only lived in, or traveled to, the Western states until about five years ago, then I suddenly started having reasons to travel further. Now my list includes at least a dozen more throughout the U.S. (many of them due to the S&S tour last year. I'm such a non-traveling loser. :(
B-girl don't feel so bad. I've never been out west and my list is much shorter then yours I bet. I really want to travel the world in the next few years.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Chalky said:
Bubblehead:

I was in from 66-70, a tin can sailor. I was a MM2 when igot out, a long time ago. I saw some of the same ports as you.
Tin cans, known as TARGETS in the Submarine Force. :laughing:

Glad to know another sailor is here. Anchors aweigh :cheers:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have been to nearly all 50 states except Washington, Alaska and a few in the North East.

Many parts of Canada

Hawaii 2X oops, already mentioned!
Korea
Japan
London
Amsterdam
Mexico
Bahamas

Next Trip is St. John (Virgin Islands) in the Spring!

·
Registered
218 Posts
BubbleHead said:
Don, home many of those countries did you live in? I know you were an Army brat and figure you may have lived overseas.
Bubblehead,
Yes, I lived in Korea for a few months as a little Kid.
Also got to live in CA, NC, IL thanks to Uncle Sam.

We actually never traveled much for vacations when I was growing up, so I am trying to make up for it now.

Gotta love those Road Trips!

B

·
0 Posts
GS Ragtop said:
In the last 15 years of business travel, I've visited every state except a handful in the NE (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Delaware) and Alaska. Hit every other state multiple times. :rolleyes:

Other favorite (?) work-related trips out of the country are Mexico, England, Scotland, Germany, France, and Italy.

Vacations over the last 20 years allowed us to visit almost every one of the Caribbean islands. :cheers:

Business travel is highly overrated -- the hotel room looks the same in every state/country. I now make certain the hotel stationary is on the nightstand so if I forget where I am in the morning, I can easily check! :laughing:

Our corporate travel group estimates that they've booked me on about 4,500 flight segments over the years...

Brad
Brad - Your post made me think of the movie Duets! Have you seen it? If you haven't, you should definitely check it out. It sounds like you would relate well to Paul Giamatti's character. The movie is a cult classic! :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts