Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems pretty quite out in DC land for anybody from Man, Sask, Alb or B.C.

I must admit that sometimes, (reluctantly) I post on Corvette Forum. Most of the guys there are from TO and are usually crossing the border for bigger rallies and shows.

Let's hear from you people!:buhbye:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Saskatchewan here. I think I'm the only person on this site from Saskatchewan, which is odd because there are TONS of C3's around the province and Regina even has a Corvette club. I think for next years show/cruise season I'm going to hand out DC web addresses. Any more westerners here?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know what you mean Muddpile, I from a small town outside of Edmonton and there has to be about 10 corvettes here, (population 7,000):smokin:

I heard some guys saying it was hard to get C6 Z06's in Canada - there are at least two in this oil town. If they can afford that they probably have a computer kicking around.:laughing:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Here's a situation for ya. I'm heading West down the Trans Canada #1 from Regina to Cypress Hills for a camping trip. I meet roughly 10 vettes, all heading east. C3's - C6's, some on trailers, some being driven. This was on friday. I head home on monday, and meet the same cars, this time I'm heading east, they're going west. It was the same last year on Sept. long weekend. What the heck am I missing out on, because these were some sweet cars!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I figured it out!!! The Regina Corvette Club host some sort of Western Canadian Corvette Meet on that weekend. They have a show, BBQ, track racing, etc. Looks like its a pretty good event, and I may just have to attend it next year.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought that event had come and gone, but your right. It was on from the 1st to the 4th. I'm not sure where it's going to be held next year......I'd like to go too.:partyon:

I'm considering going to Carlisle next year, I hear that event is huge! I'd also like to try an event in Arizona, (because my folks live there in the winter and I can freeload).:laughing:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi, i,m from Vancouver- perhaps the viewers feel... er... somewhat intimidated, by your picture(avatar). Maybe change that up and see how that works out for you. :surprised :surprised

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe, but I'm tired of putting pictures of my car up, (too predictable). I was going to change my avatar every couple of weeks to keep people guessing, but have been lazy......I like old Ron J, he was hilarious on the Surreal Life.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good ol R Jeremy ,aka "the hedgehog". Yea he was pretty funny in that show. I read that his showmate Tammy Faye is close to departing mother earth to go wherever her resting place in the sun is. I really enjoy this website . Chat to good people and have a few laughs! LOTS OF GOOD TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE!! Thanks to all those that have it and share it. :cheers:

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Saskatchewan here. I think I'm the only person on this site from Saskatchewan, which is odd because there are TONS of C3's around the province and Regina even has a Corvette club. I think for next years show/cruise season I'm going to hand out DC web addresses. Any more westerners here?

Yea I live in Saskatchewan too, Moose Jaw here though. I don't own a Corvette, I am only 18. But I do love this site. I know people that do own vettes though, and no, they are not my age. Good to see some other people here though that are from the western provinces though.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Holy hell there's two of us!!! :laughing: . I'm actually only 22, which is pretty young for a vette owner in this part of the world. I'd welcome you to the site, but I see you've been a member since 2004, so I guess welcome to the Canada section. Any plans of vette ownership in your future?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Holy hell there's two of us!!! :laughing: . I'm actually only 22, which is pretty young for a vette owner in this part of the world. I'd welcome you to the site, but I see you've been a member since 2004, so I guess welcome to the Canada section. Any plans of vette ownership in your future?
Yeah actually, my plans are to own a vette, preferrably a C6 Z06, by the time I am 30...but if I have to settle for something a little less in the mean time then I will..haha

Happy Holidays, my western Canada friends, have a Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I did 2 years ago. I don't think they had it last year. More late model stuff. Mine was the oldest car there, '65. A nice show, a fun hunt on a well thought out, scenic route through the city. A good banquet. I'd go again.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Any of you B.C. guys ever go to the Corvette show in Kelowna?

Does anyone know which vette club puts it on and what the upcoming (2007)dates for this show be?

1 - 20 of 106 Posts