Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get 2 135's and 1 90 of the 2inch silicone hose for my lower radiator hose. The purosil ones are 30 dollars a piece. Is there any cheaper ones?

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
samco is probably more expensive, check out ebay...the ricers love that stuff

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
samco is probably more expensive, check out ebay...the ricers love that stuff
Yellow ricing up his vette:rolling:

What is the purpose of that kind of hose? Won't your normal type hose work?

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
It is very durable and because it's made on a simple mold by a wrapping technique (of both a cloth layer and the silicone rubber is wrapped tightly over it like tape, it also comes on rolls like tape) and cured in an autoclave it's easy to make custom pieces that fit your application. Also the elbow sections are easy to get, widely used. Especially in blown applications. And ..it looks a lot better than rubber

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
I'm having a problem with the lower radiator hose collapsing.
jeebus man, all I use is a piece of universal wire hose, the flex type....for ten bux or less, I tiewrap it to the rear of the cross support bracket to keep it off my serp drive tensioner...but it flexes enough to hit the radiator output....

I do have a coupling in there a 1.5 inch piece of copper drain line, and another bend to my rad....on account of it's not a vette specific rad....

I have heard many complaints they don't include the support wire spirals anymore in new hoses....which is when I found that, I went universal...no choice...bastards....

:WTF :crazy: :cheers: :huh:

·
Registered
959 Posts
buy a hose with a spring in it or use only the rubber elbows and have someone who can tig make you an aluminum piece to go between the elbows.....
redvetracr

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could I just get a piece of aluminum tubing and have it bent? I'm not sure how well the aluminum bends though.

My current hose is a mess. I'll take a pic.

I could probably get away with exhaust tubing if I seal it with por15

·
Registered
120 Posts
hoses

I too 'am looking to get new radiator hoses, to kinda spruce up the look of the engine. I'm no racer, just an all original L48. Where is a good place to look for some of show type hoses?
ThanX!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like shiny 150$ stainless hoses? Jegs and summit have them.

I'm thinking about a an20 upper hose also :laughing: They are only like 10 dollars on ebay. The part that goes on the intake is the expensive part.

Heres my current one. I think the part with the label is collapsing. I have a water pressure gauge and when I accelerate it goes to 0.

Heres where the pressure comes out of. The top of the water pump

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wow, $150, are you kidding me? Thats F'ing ridiculous! Are you saying I can get a similar product on ebay, or do I have to buy through Summit or Jegs? I was thinking more in the $40-$50 range. Thanx for the info bro.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
When I replaced all the hoses a few years back, I bought repro's. The lower hose came with the spring. If I recall it wasn't that expensive. My engine bay is stock with the exception of a dewitts DF aluminum rad.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
959 Posts
If you have a real parts store cross a 3970124 GM/Corvette upper hose that should work, cut it and turn it 180* about 9"-10" away from the t-stat housing have someone tig a 1-1/2" short piece of aluminum tubing to hold the clamps from slipping off and get rid of the bubba thermostat housing you should have a nice functional clean upper rad hose.....now if I could only figure out what`s on the top of your water pump and where it goes.
...redvetracr

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you have a real parts store cross a 3970124 GM/Corvette upper hose that should work, cut it and turn it 180* about 9"-10" away from the t-stat housing have someone tig a 1-1/2" short piece of aluminum tubing to hold the clamps from slipping off and get rid of the bubba thermostat housing you should have a nice functional clean upper rad hose.....now if I could only figure out what`s on the top of your water pump and where it goes.
...redvetracr
To the water pressure guage

I think I might just try the universal with the spring

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nope

Some guy that races told us to run it. I also have a light. It helps you know if you know if you throw a belt.

I guess I don't really need but it did help me find that my lower radiator hose was collapsing.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nope

Some guy that races told us to run it. I also have a light. It helps you know if you know if you throw a belt.

I guess I don't really need but it did help me find that my lower radiator hose was collapsing.
Seeing as you have the alt on the same bet as the h20 pump wouldn't the volt meter tell you the same info? If you don't believe it you can cross reference with the water temp gauge....

:huh:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
buy a hose with a spring in it or use only the rubber elbows and have someone who can tig make you an aluminum piece to go between the elbows.....
redvetracr
:thumbsup: This is the right way. Exhaust pipe is roll welded steel made from scrap metal like EMT. It will rust thru in a year.
Goodyear makes good hoses.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts