Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
slammed sideways into the padded wall at the track. Car sat for 4 months while doing other various repairs before I finally got around to starting it up. When I looked in the radiator is was almost bone dry. I figured that the side impact had broken a seam on the radiator, but I filled it with water and put the pressure tester on it and it's sitting at 17.5 psi with no signs of leaking. :huh:

So did the cap just come off in the wreck and all the water blow out the top? There's definitely evidence of coolant in the engine compartment, but I figured that was from the plastic overflow jug that ripped off the fender and splattered everywhere. Any ideas?

Oh, forgot to mention that the oil is clean with no signs of milkshake, so I'm not worried about a head gasket. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fired her up this morning for the second time since the wreck. Came up to temp no problem and I didn't see any signs of a leak :huh:

One thing I did notice is what looked like a tiny bit of wobble at the water pump pulley. I'm not sure if it was just my mind playing tricks or not, but the alternator and crank pulleys both looked rock solid while the WP pulley seemed to have a slight wiggle. I'll have to do some more investigation on that...

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Duh! Your engine was really hot when you hit the wall catch tank broke . You shut down with no cool down all your coolant went out the over flow tube.

Or with you being an engineer check the design, The cooling system may be to big for the amount of coolant you have.

J/K bro...:rolling::rolling::rolling:

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or with you being an engineer check the design, The cooling system may be to big for the amount of coolant you have.

J/K bro...:rolling::rolling::rolling:
so what you're saying is that the system was 1/2 full, not 1/2 empty? :laughing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts