Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a corvette convertible from 1993(the car was imported to germany in 1999 from California). The VIN number is in a small window under the windscreen down reight. But the VIN number should also be cut in the frame or cut in a metal plade that is velded on the frame. Does anyone know where to look ?
Without showing that number to the tax department in Denmark I am not able to get numberplates to my Corvette, so please help me.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
I have a corvette convertible from 1993(the car was imported to germany in 1999 from California). The VIN number is in a small window under the windscreen down reight. But the VIN number should also be cut in the frame or cut in a metal plade that is velded on the frame. Does anyone know where to look ?
Without showing that number to the tax department in Denmark I am not able to get numberplates to my Corvette, so please help me.
VIN is located on the lower left corner of the windshield. (asume a left hand drive car, it is on that side)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VIN is located on the lower left corner of the windshield. (asume a left hand drive car, it is on that side)
Yes thats correct when your sitting in the car, and if you are standing outside lower right side as I wrote. But there should be another one that is cut into the frame, and thats the one I am looking for

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yes thats correct when your sitting in the car, and if you are standing outside lower right side as I wrote. But there should be another one that is cut into the frame, and thats the one I am looking for
I had the same problem when my car passed through the technical revision last veek.
We couldn't find cutted VIN. I think it doesn't exist.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here is what I've heard... It may help you....:thumbsup:

---------------------
Vin numbers..... Years ago I had a 1976 Corvette that had been wrecked and I repaired. after repairs I went to the State Police post for inspection for a new title. They checked for numbers on the frame and here is where they looked. Removed the drivers rear wheel and looked at the frame in the wheel well, maybe you can find your there.

--------------------------------
Should be on the frame right outside just ahead of the bar that ties the two frame rails together the bar you see just behind the rad fans. it may be filled in with paint. and yes you may have to remove the inner wheel well to see it.

-------------------------
There should be a partial VIN stamped on the front of the frame just below the battery. Remove the rear wheel well liner on the driver's side. The number should be stamped about 3cm below the top of the frame rail facing the front wheel. These numbers are not stamped too deep so you may have to remove some of the black paint from the frame to see the numbers.

Once the numbers have been verified, simply repaint the area with some black paint to keep rust from forming.

These numbers should be the same as the last 8 or 9 digits of the VIN.

Another VIN will be on the RPO Service Parts Indentifier decal which is either under the console lid or the passenger side storage compartment.

The ones on the right rail digits are kind a manufacture date,
And those on a driver side rail under the battery are last 8 digits of VIN

-------------------------
left door edge and under center console lid.

------------------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts