Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we have the Callaway Supernatural Corvette LM. Where do I get this nose piece or at least a close replica? I have changes that I would like to make to it so buying a big dollar Callaway piece probably isn't reasonable. Maybe I need to just do a custom one off deal that resembles it?

Ideas anyone?

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I like the Crowder Customs C5 front end for the C4. It will accept the C5 covered headlights and the Tiger Shark nose if you want to go that far. It is very reasonably priced:thumbsup:

Crowder Customs

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Why would you want that nose piece, its fugly. I can't believe you would do that to your car.

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I like that nose. I don't want a real one though as I want to change the headlights completely. I just like the full one piece nose and the lines of it. Just look at that without the lights, it's a good looking nose.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts

·
I'm related so I get a title.
212 Posts
I hate to agree with Dad but that is fugly. Why don't you just buy an old Toyota Celica? About the same look.:WTF

·
Registered
904 Posts
I don't think the rounded sweeping lines mesh well with the more extreme sharp angularity of the C4. Just like a C4 nose wouldn't look right on a C5.

·
Registered
433 Posts
The Callaway LM was a pure aerodynamic piece for LeMans and other LeMans style European racing. I'm pretty sure they never made a DOT version with turn signals. There was a british company that made a similar looking front nose and hood, but I'm 90% sure they've long gone out of business. I'd also be willing to bet, the molds for the Callaway LM are long gone too (they only made 4 of them).

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Here we have the Callaway Supernatural Corvette LM. Where do I get this nose piece or at least a close replica? I have changes that I would like to make to it so buying a big dollar Callaway piece probably isn't reasonable. Maybe I need to just do a custom one off deal that resembles it?

Ideas anyone?

:lookinup:I think this may be the very first time I have ever seen this car. Sorry but I'm not liking the nose either.:down:

Having said that, it's YOUR car and if YOU love it...go for it.:thumbsup: I like to hear other peoples opinions on my cars but in the end it's up to me. That's what's so great about this hobby.;)

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Callaway LM was a pure aerodynamic piece for LeMans and other LeMans style European racing. I'm pretty sure they never made a DOT version with turn signals. There was a british company that made a similar looking front nose and hood, but I'm 90% sure they've long gone out of business. I'd also be willing to bet, the molds for the Callaway LM are long gone too (they only made 4 of them).
Holy cow!! I didn't know there were so few. My wife recently bought me a Corvette book and this car was in it but there wasn't any real info about it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Shoot a PM to racelance, he just bought one recently. I know he's done his homework on them if you'd want to know any more info. The amount of carbon fiber that was used in those cars was UNREAL. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,180 Posts

Ideas anyone?

You can get your hood in Saint-Tropez, France :laughing:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts