Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Z06 DIC says service active handling service ABS and service traction control all came on at once. I read somewhere its a plug that needs a better comb on it does anyone know where the plug is? or how to reset the DIC?

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
I had this happen to me once in my C5 coupe. I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and once I reconneced it and started it the code went away. Its worth a try.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,393 Posts
2005 Z06 DIC says service active handling service ABS and service traction control all came on at once. I read somewhere its a plug that needs a better comb on it does anyone know where the plug is? or how to reset the DIC?
What are the actual codes? You can get codes by doing this............

1) Turn your ignition on. The engine doesn't have to be running, but it's ok if it is...

2) Press reset to clear any warning messages
3) Press and hold the "options" button
4) Press the "fuel" button 4 times while holding the options button down. The car will enter manual diagnostics and start displaying all the codes that are set for every control module in the car.

The diagnostic codes will flash across the screen in the following categories:

PCM - Poweretrain
TCS- Traction control and ABS
RTD- Real Time dampening
BCM- Body Control Module
IPC- Instrument Panel Cluster
Radio- Duh
HVAC- Heating, ventilation and A/C
LDCM- Left Door Control module
RDCM- Right Door control module
SCM- Seat control module
RFA- Remote function actuation

"C" after the code denotes that it is within the current ignition cycle.

"H" means it has occurred in previous ignition cycles, but not the current one.

After the codes have scrolled through you can step through them one at a time using the buttons and clear them with the reset button

If it is the ABS module. it is located in front of the left (drivers side) cylinder head. It is a silver colored metal box (IIRC) about 4x4x4 more or less

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much Torch Code is TCS 1214 I looked it up but I don't speak computer not sure what that means or how to fix it. I think it means a circuit s open but I have no idea where to start.

·
Registered
72 Posts
One reason i am not a betting man, stuff like car electrical repair.

I think I know what you mean by "heard about a comb connector '. The connector in the drivers door to the body, some grab the pleated rubber wire cover and give it a good shake, some squeeze, somehow solving a communication problem in the electronics.

WHile I wouldn't fix my car this way, I have been reading a lot of repair information since I bought the car some years ago, and this is a guess at what you can't remember. Sounds like a heck of a team. You can't remember and I don't know.

I hope this info works for you. I know it is a common complaint that involves a long comb like multi pin connector, but have no way of knowing if this applies to your situation.

As suggested, the codes will tell almost every tale, sadly ,I am not much help there.

I am not one of the guys who has the depth of knowledge to explain the more esoteric codes , or how to apply the simple ones , I have to look up everything. I used the reset button to reset the drivers information center, in answer to your question about how to do that.

However, it is wise to record all the codes before you reset or turn the key, they might change as the fault triggers are no longer active, some codes will have a "H" for historic code, an ongoing problem. IT's not hard to find how to understand the codes displayed.

I didn't spring for the three GM factory repair books , in part because they are very technical and wouldn't be easy for me. And realistically , anything too involved, I am going to hire out. But I might need it more as the car gets older, everyone says to buy the books.

Anyway, if it is the multi pin connector, I think it connects the body control module, whatever computer is in the left door. The problem is a design flaw where the pins connect. Over time, the modified 'V "shaped male pins inserted wobble enough to open the female side enough to cause problems. The solution is to open the connector and renew it, clean and fix any loose connectors. Or, just grab the bundle cover the shake. It might not my style, but effective results have to be recognized. I'd be afraid I would make a defective connection worse.

Something like a broken main connection for me could trigger a cascade of failure and money, like pulling the wrong string on a sweater. So i don't screw around.

I wouldn't start a renew and repair job of that type without a solid understanding and better instructions. I am sure you are way ahead of me in not wanting to break a vital connection. As the cars get older, they become more fragile.

I hope this was helpful. I would be interested in how this electric pin the tail on the corvette turns out. I wonder if pin the tail on the donkey is still played.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts