Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who has the best price on the Valentine V1 radar detector ? I don't trust Ebay because I've heard that some of the detectors sold there are rebuilt models, is this true ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
2 things. Valentine will update any of his V1's for free, so ones that are on ebay may have old software, but they are updateable. You can buy directly from them online. That's where I got mine. Quick shipping and a great unit. Saved me just yesterday, a red camaro got nailed and i was passing them at 90 mph, it went off, i slowed down and they came flying past me. Yeah, she got pulled over. My associate was about 25 miles behind me, the camaro was getting put on a flat bed, i'm sure for wreckless driving. Buy the V1!!!!

Here's some irony, I was in WV on I-81!!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've had my V1 upgraded twice since 94. It's far from free...over $100 one of the times.

Other than buying from someone or on Ebay, they're only sold directly by Valentine Research.

Joel

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
2 things. Valentine will update any of his V1's for free, so ones that are on ebay may have old software, but they are updateable. You can buy directly from them online. That's where I got mine. Quick shipping and a great unit. Saved me just yesterday, a red camaro got nailed and i was passing them at 90 mph, it went off, i slowed down and they came flying past me. Yeah, she got pulled over. My associate was about 25 miles behind me, the camaro was getting put on a flat bed, i'm sure for wreckless driving. Buy the V1!!!!

Here's some irony, I was in WV on I-81!!!!
Dam,...car impounded for doing 90? I hope there was another reason the car was being taken, or I'll have to go around WV on my next trip to PA.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had to return my V1 once because i got nailed one time and it never went off. Turned out I had two bad modulators for X and K bands and that is why i got busted.. 40-45 bucks later, it works like a champ..

Can't go wrong with the V1. There are other detectors out there that has the same or better range than the v1, but you can't beat the directional arrows to let you know exactly where the cops is hiding

·
Registered
32 Posts
Call Valentine Research at 1 800 331 3030 and ask for a returned V1 and you will get 10% off the retail price of $399. It will be the latest version V1.8 POP2 w/ Euro-mode and 3.863 firmware and that comes with all the accessories and a 1 year warranty.

·
Registered
232 Posts
really i think the v1 is really cool with thee front and back detectors but when have you ever been caught speeding from a cop rolling behind you?? never thats what i thought. there are better or similar products out there. read around sever differenct sights such as www.radarbusters.com Also police are more and more using lasers which, when that is detected, its to late to respond. So I have almost stopped using my radar detector.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts