Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it exist , where to get from - complete list what for nuts,bolts and screws are in the corvette ??
I talk about list what exactely was used for nuts,bolts and screws. Maby not about where it was used (this would be great but if the list exist ? ) , just to know the list with sizes that was used in a Corvette.

i will be happy to get tips where to looking for .. or maby one from You have list like this ??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW !!!! You be abble to sent picture ??

Paragon used to sell a detailed poster of all the bolts.I have one on my garage wall.
WOW !!!! You be abble to sent picture ??

I will write to Paragon , maby i be abble to buy one too. Thank You !!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please !!!!!!

Some HQ pictures part by part ( 6 maby ) .. this would be great .. so i can read the sizes.

by the way ... who know where to buy all the bolts, nuts and screws ?? Any idea who sell it ?? I would like to order one box from each nut, bolt , screw .. we have here in Europe big problem with .. so ti is better i have all in my Garage .. and be abble to help all my Corvette friends.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The Paragon poster is not a complete list of the fasteners used. It shows pictures of the bolt heads and shows the markings, size and finishes for the bolts. You have to match them up to where they go (on the car).

The poster is available for about $10 at Paragon.

·
Banned
125 Posts
..if You would take some pictures (high resolution) and sent to me :

[email protected]

this would be great
When I went to send them to you my computer(my girlfriends actually) ask for a password.I dont have it and will have to wait for my girlfriend to get home to get it.Can you use this link from photo bucket?Is that an OK pic or is there a way to do better.I had to go at a slight angle due to the flash.Let me know.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k309/wetgarden/bolts002.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes

Yes , i be abble to see it ... just it is to small to read somethink , if i would get 6 or maby 8 partialy that would be great

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Someone know ??

where from to get complete list of the fasteners used ??

BBShark

maby You have some idea ???

·
Registered
512 Posts
There is no easy answer to this. There is a 1953-82 Corvette Parts Manual that is on the internet and dowloadable in PDF format. It is a large file but it does list part numbers for bolts. However, if your intention is to buy all of these bolts to keep on hand, it is likely that you will spend many thousands of dollars if not tens of thousands! Paragon has most of the "correct" bolts you would need for a restoration.

However, if you are in need of fasteners (and are not concerned with originality), you should be able to buy them locally. I have purchased graded, fractional sized bolts (as used on C3's) from sources in the USA and seen "made in Poland" on the box. Indeed, it is rare to see any non-SAE metric fasteners made in the USA these days.

I understand your dilemma, I have seen others outside the USA mention the same problem. Perhaps one of them could answer your question.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pdf

where You see the Corvette Parts Manual please ??? I do not looking for 100% correct and originall .. i just look for correct sizes !! ..but do not know where to order ( each size one box ) and WHAT to order !!??

Sure , i know the 100% correct original will cost much money. this (correct Originall) can be order by the Paragon ?? Do You know more sources for ??

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
where You see the Corvette Parts Manual please ??? I do not looking for 100% correct and originall .. i just look for correct sizes !! ..but do not know where to order ( each size one box ) and WHAT to order !!??

Sure , i know the 100% correct original will cost much money. this (correct Originall) can be order by the Paragon ?? Do You know more sources for ??

Go to:
http://wiki.corvettefaq.com/index.php?title=Misc_Overall

Look at the first listing. I have it on my computer but it is too large to send. The actual manuals pop up on Ebay periodically

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank You

I have download the Parts Manual .. will see it later tonight .. now my Wife say we have to go ... Shrek 3 ...

Thank You !!!!

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
CPL, you have situation where WE over here get many fasterners from Poland and all over the world, BUT, the plants over there in your country are under exclusive contract, and can't sell locally....stupid, I know, but that the way it is...many friends in my neighborhood here are retired US Military and so know the situation overseas pretty well, and are familiar with these sort of stupid restrictions.....I don't understand it myself.....honestly no one else I know does, either.....

the problem is obviously that Poland along with the rest of the world has ben metric for a LONG time....since maybe a Protestant Revolution in Germany about 1000 years ago??? but it's only recent, in last 20 years or so that American cars are Metric....and for years there was changeover, where the threads were American, and the heads were Metric....beleive it or not...drove ME crazy for a long time....

even on Corvette.....

IMO, due to situation, I would recommend not bother buying anything special to restore a car, just use any strength rated bolt of good size and get over with it....best/cheepest as can do for the situation...you know???

I been working on hobby cars out of necessity, or love, not sure which is which from time to time, then absolute HATE comes into place......for some 45 years now....and I have a HELL of a collection of olde tyme bolts and nutz which drives me nutz in that I can't find the correct item when looking, and I know I have it......

SOMEWHERE!!!!

:devil: :devil: :thud: :rolling: :cheers:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes ...

the world is crasy :))

anyway ... i need someone who will say to me WHAT sizes i have to order and WHERE i have to order.
I do not nothink else then sizes used in a C3 Corvette .. this is why i ask about the list ...

I just want to have complete correct sizes C3 corvette nuts, bolts and screws.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Realy nobody

.. know where from i get the list please ?? Maby it never exist ?? please help !!!!

Another question was .. where to buy the nuts , bolts and screws (non-SAE metric) by BOX for each size !!!???? Who know good source ????

1 - 20 of 23 Posts