Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We only saw it once.... the pictures were taken at that motel. Haven't see that car again....

Seen LOTS of white beta cars....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
So whaddaya suggest? Is the black one different from those white ones? Or the white ones are just to misguide...us?
But still I'd be very interested, how much of the C6 drawing could be REAL on those white models?????
Those air intakes and all the front design and everything....does it fit the white spy shots????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
We only saw it once.... the pictures were taken at that motel. Haven't see that car again....

Seen LOTS of white beta cars....
What about Arizona? Doesn't the GM have a test track over there, too? Do we have anybody there looking to the black one?
Or Australia??

It couldn't vanish
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andonis said:
So whaddaya suggest? Is the black one different from those white ones? Or the white ones are just to misguide...us?
But still I'd be very interested, how much of the C6 drawing could be REAL on those white models?????
Those air intakes and all the front design and everything....does it fit the white spy shots????
You can assume we know NOTHING about the front/rear of the C6.

Even with that grill opening they have in the cammo, still no guarantee there is even a hole there.

In other words, we really don't know anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,348 Posts
Gm brings there cars to Arizona for Hot weather testing. Thats why the Car is black. It doesnt make sense that we havent seen more off it but who knows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
This is EXACTLY what I was afraid of.

So we have a lot of spy pics, and even more information about all kinds of sources, drawings and all sorts of insider leak,....and still we know almost nothing about the one and only car that is about to write history again.
Isn't this so.....intriguing? I mean we will probably see it first time on the NAIAS next year. On one hand

On the other hand it was so like this with the case of the new BMW6. Everybody was claiming the car looks like this, like that, and when it was shown.....well it was almost as the spy shots were.
I'm not trying to say anything, I just hope the Vette will look a lot better than these spy shots
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
Lets appoach it from another view.
We DO know something, and we might know something.

We do know, that it is an XLR twin! The only thing we know for SURE.

We have some spy shots which more or less might hide the REAL C6. Or NOT.
There is no reason for the GM to test a restyled C5 just to misinform us. It is very likely that these photos we're seeing are the actual C6.
90%

(Here in Europe the before arrival of the new BM5 and 6, and Opel, and Ferrari, Mercedes, Jags and Lamborghini...and everything there were always speculations abot the spy shots and about the firms misguiding us intended. And later the spy shots proved to be 99% accurate)

And there's another thing. In the car design nowadays angular shapes are setting the trend. Why would the GM show a car with outdated design? I have a VERY strong feeling, that it will have a strong edgy design!

So take these spy shots add some new edge design put it on an XLR and there it is: the C6.

All in all, like You said we know nothing and we know almost everything about how will it look like.
I just hope we're wrong. (we still have 10%) But then again, it's unlikely....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,634 Posts
Andonis said:

We do know, that it is an XLR twin! The only thing we know for SURE.

I don't think it is even going to be close to being an XLR twin. Not in looks, performance, or engines.
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TreCool626 said:
I don't think it is even going to be close to being an XLR twin. Not in looks, performance, or engines.
:agree: It will look nothing like the XLR. If it is a enhancement of the C5... how can it look like the XLR?

Not to mention the spy photos look nothing like the XLR, and Dave Hill and Bob Lutz were very specific that the C6 and XLR share some similar structural and mechanical components, but that the cars will be as different as night and day, with no resemblance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,348 Posts
Re: Re: Huggies

Patrick96LT4 said:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :rolling: :agree:
Why are you agreeing with that. A few Mods WTF. new engine, chasis, body panels, wheels,lights... Ya thats not a new car at all.:rolleyes:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: Re: Huggies

Loggins1 said:
Why are you agreeing with that. A few Mods WTF. new engine, chasis, body panels, wheels,lights... Ya thats not a new car at all.:rolleyes:
He's talking about the outside. You can't see the new chassis, the new front/rear... the new wheels, lights..

I'm not saying it's not a new car or it won't be kick ass, but literally it looks like a C5 in diapers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,634 Posts
Pat, have you looked at the black and white beta cars side by side? I can't tell how similar they are looking at them one at a time.
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TreCool626 said:
Pat, have you looked at the black and white beta cars side by side? I can't tell how similar they are looking at them one at a time.
I recall they look pretty close... but a different gas filler location.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,634 Posts
Thanks!
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top