Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey:

The damn AAA need two VIN numbers for my car, but I can only find one of them. I've only seen the one on the windshield. Does anyone know where the other(s) are? I have a 1984 Corvette.

Please help!

Jon

·
Registered
335 Posts
I only had to give 1 VIN to the Insurance company for my 01. I don't know anything about a second VIN. But I don't have AAA.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
CorvetteBoy said:
Hey:

The damn AAA need two VIN numbers for my car, but I can only find one of them. I've only seen the one on the windshield. Does anyone know where the other(s) are? I have a 1984 Corvette.

Please help!

Jon
There is only one VIN per car. It's like a social security number. You only get one.:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
ask them if the other VIN they are looking for is the engine identification number. There is only one VIN, but the engine also should have a number similar to a VIN

·
Registered
173 Posts
Seen this before...

I think what they want is two locations for the same VIN. Don't ask me why. I belong to AAA and do all my DMV work with them. Had a car I brought from Michigan with me 5 yrs ago. and that's what they wanted. So, I had to find out where they hid the VIN at, the second location of the same and only VIN there is. On your car isn't there a sticker on the door jamb with the VIN on it, that should qualify. Then you have the number on the windshield and the same number on the door jamb.
Hope that helps.
Roger

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Sticker.

I've looked on both doors and the sticker is gone. My uncle might have painted it sometime and the sticker was taken off or something. Are you sure there isn't a hidden one I don't know about?

Thanks.

Jon

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Success

Well i took my car to the DMV and they registered my car with only one VIN number! Awesome.

Thanks for the help.

Jon

·
Registered
173 Posts
VIN location...

Corvetteboy,
Sorry it took so long to reply. If you haven't figured out the second location yet, I look in the Chilton book and it did not give another location. The only thing I can tell you to do is call your local GM dealer and ask. There is another sticker under the carpet behind the drivers seat on the lid of the compartment there. I remember seeing codes there, maybe there is a VIN there.
CU Roger

·
Registered
173 Posts
obviously I wasn't fast enough...

You must have pushed the sumbit button a little faster than me:laughing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts