Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering where you guys like to drive the most. So fare my favorite place has been right out side of glendo reservoir. And its about 15 miles long. And there are no cops to be seen. Very fast Very Fun :excited:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Not many places around the Tampa Bay area like that, an occasional shot up the interstate at night, or a backroad here and there, only short distances tho, nothing close to 15 miles. :(

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Ohio has hundreds of miles of amazing roads. I can't wait to get back there again.

Also, Kentucky and Tennessee have some great roads too!

For me, I am at the Wisc/Illinois border, so I head up to Kettle Morraine state park in Wisc for 120 miles of curvy, hilly roads... through hills carved by glaciers.... cool stuff.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I also like the entrance for golden gate state park. Its about 13 miles with tons of turns and a few good straights. The only problem is when you get stuck behind some one. Its hard to pass them.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
snipcod said:
I also like the entrance for golden gate state park. Its about 13 miles with tons of turns and a few good straights. The only problem is when you get stuck behind some one. Its hard to pass there.
I would love to do some mountain roads... my Grandmother lives in Montana... might drive out there are do some serious driving.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Highway 9 in Saratoga (n. cali) is a little of 7 miles of 25mph turns and short straights.

It's great going there on weekends because everyone in the san jose, los gatos and surrounding area go there for 1 reason. ..
To PLAY!... you'll see bikes, ferraris, corvettes, porches and other sports cars all there just to rip up the turns.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have two words for you...

Ortega Highway. You So Cal boys know what I mean. When I get the car where I want it, I'll take my camera with me to show what it is like. Starts in San Juan Capistrano and ends in Lake Elsinore, miles of twisting mountain road. Just have to watch out for the crotch rockets, they are thick on this road.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
Like Pat said, most road in KY & TN are fun. Curvy road and hills make for fun driving

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'd have to say, I'd love to cruise my car down in Newport Beach or the PCH along malibu. That'd be cool for sure.

Around here, there are a few cool roads. . . twisties and such. Proly on the way to Lime Rock is my favorite.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Jay 383 said:
I'd have to say, I'd love to cruise my car down in Newport Beach or the PCH along malibu. That'd be cool for sure.

Around here, there are a few cool roads. . . twisties and such. Proly on the way to Lime Rock is my favorite.
Aaaahhhhh....Newport.....That brings back memories. Spring break, girls and sportbikes. Aaaaahhhhh.....to be back in my youth.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Ahhhhh, the Pa. Turnpike on the way to Carlisle!:partyon:

·
Registered
257 Posts
The wife and I took a drive to the North Shore for dinner one night. On the way back with the top down going through the sugar cane and pineapple fields. That was a great drive.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Ohio has hundreds of miles of amazing roads. I can't wait to get back there again.

Looks like this years Can-Am may not happen. :(

One of these days, I gotta do The Tail of the Dragon (Deals Gap). I hear that's a great road trip. :partyon:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts