Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my friend and I took our cars for a mid morning run, we went on a scenic drive followed by some highway cruising. on the return trip i switch over from the middle to the right lane with the intentions to pass an old pickup truck, im about 30ft away and his tire explodes, i begin violently dodging large shards of rubber and ruduce speed as im expecting him to loose control, only one peice made contact with me but it was the size of a basebal glove, i drove over it and hoped for the best. we pulled over and my friend was amazed by my little display, i was amazed that i suffered no damage whats so ever! woo hoo, but yea close call.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Wow! Glad to hear you and the car are ok. Check your PM's.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Been there done that. :surprised Its about like dodge ball. Glad you missed them all...

·
Only green will do...
18,391 Posts
Glad to hear you and the vette are allright:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I had that happen in my wife's car once and the peice of rubber shattered the turn signal cover and completely ripped out the wheel well liner.

I am glad to hear that you are alright.:cheers:

·
DC Crew
2,503 Posts
damn... i hit a truck re-tread on the Interstate on my last trip up north, and scratched up my rim :( im glad to hear your car is ok

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Please tell me that you got it on Video :laughing:
J/K Glad that you and your vette survived :thumbsup:

·
Registered
321 Posts
nice driving..could have been a lot worse.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Give yourself the Mario Andretti award!

Great driving!

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey thanks alot guys, unfortuneately i took my camera mount out for now, but i think i should put it back in now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts