Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Cut-Outs!

Votes: 4 5.2%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, looking to buy a new exhaust soon and I'd just like to see what is most popular. I am considering stingers and bullets. Anything is appreciated before I blow my money. Which company and specific exhaust do you prefer....

THIS IS FOR ALL CORVETTES!!!!! SO FEEL FREE TO SAY WHAT YOU PREFER!

Please explain your selection if you would like too....

Borla-
B&B-
Corsa-
Flowmaster-
Magnaflo-
SLP-
Supermaxx-
I use cutouts-

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Hands down Corsa Performance. :thumbsup:

Why? Excellent quality, customer service, appearance, and they're made right here in the USA. Berea, Ohio, near Cleveland.

Remember when Chevrolet used "Indy exhaust" on the 500 pace car several years ago? Yes, GM chose Corsa Performance to provide the exhaust system.

BTW, I've had them on 4 diifferent C5's & 3 different C6 Vettes, and have visited their office and plant in Berea. Impressed each time.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from what sound clips of corsa i find then a little soft for my liking. I might as well stick with the stock then pay more for the corsa. Depends on the model too though.

·
Registered
298 Posts
MY FLOWMASTERS sound great to me,and everyone asks what brand of mufflers I have so I guess that they pretty much sound alike. I installed them myself in about 2 hours taking my time, it was easy. @ $357. I think they are a bargain but they aren't stainless steel.IMOP:cheers:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Although I haven't heard or tested most of the other exhaust systems listed, I use Magnaflow Performance as mine.

It has a nice deep rumble too it and was able to tell an immediate difference of free flowing air the second I drove it away from the shop.

My vote goes to Magnaflow.

I have heard Flowmasters before and they do sound good, but I heard that they're less free flowing than stock systems.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Borla Stingers #11744 are by far the best sounding exhaust for the C6 IMHO

I have had many different exhausts on my C6s before coming to this conclusion:

2005 C6 Vert A4 - had B&B Bullets - nice sound outside the car, but inside the LOUD DRONE with the top and windows up rattled my head and made my ears ring for hours after. LOUD BASSY DRONE does not = sound quality.
I removed them within a month and swapped for (see next review below)

Currently 2005 C6 Vert A4 - Magnaflow #15884s - deep sounding, NO DRONE, but too tame and too quiet.
It is an exhaust you can live with, but it will not give you goosebumps.
Weird, but they are louder with the top and windows up, but with the windows and top down the wind noise overpowers them.
I want to swap them gor another set of Borla 11744s, but my 69 year old father who drives that car 99% of the time is happy with the Magnaflows.

2006 C6 coupe manual tranny - Corsa Sports #14169s - they have a nice throaty sound, NO DRONE, but way too quiet.
They are not as deep as the Magnaflows or Bullets.
***I added American Racing Headers and that really woke them up, made them a bit louder during normal crusiing, they are a great choice to go woith if you do Long tube headers.***

2007 C6 A6 - Corsa Sports #14169s swapped from 2006.
Good choice for the A6, NO DRONE, but still too tame and too quiet.
Adding resonators with the automatic version would just make them even more quiet.:down:

2006 C6 Vert manual tranny - Corsa Sports #14169s - swapped from 2007
Tried them for a couple of weeks and finally said this is not the sound that I am looking for.
They are very liveable for my daily driver, but I want an exhaust that gives me goosebumps and makes me smile everytime I drive. So I took them off and swapped them for (see next review)

2006 C6 Vert manual tranny - BORLA STINGERS #11744s - :thumbsup: :cheers: :partyon: :D

FINALLY - the right exhaust.

They are LOUD, but not obnoxious.
They are DEEP, but they do NOT DRONE.
They are louder with the Top and windows down than with the top and windows up. This is a good thing.

You can easily carry on a normal conversation or listen to low volume music, but you can also always hear the Borlas in the background.:thumbsup:

Other exhausts I have heard - I have also heard GHLs on a manual tranny C6 coupe and an automatic tranny C6 coupe. They were much better with the manual tranny, but not as good as the Borlas.

Stock - Can't comment, I had them, but could not hear them.:laughing:

Howard

·
Registered
267 Posts
No, I have driven with many different people in the car, top up and top down.

Nobody has ever said it droned.

B&B Bullets drone, no question.

But, Borlas are fine.

I want to put them on my other C6 Vert, the A4/3.15 tranny, I am confident they will be quite comfortable to live with.

I think alot of people confuse drone and the purr of a V8 engine.
The difference is, the purr is a great sound that soothes you, drone is a sound that causes discomfort.

Howard

·
Banned
622 Posts
B&B :thumbsup:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
magnaflow seems to be the most popular at the moment which system are yall using. Also for the borla stinger people how is the cabin noise at highway speeds? Is it tolerable? I

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just put the Lg Long tube headers with the catless X and the Borla Stingers on my C6 and i LOOOVEEE it. They are quite civil when you are just crusin with a nice little rumble, but when you get on it, my car can be heard in the next state over:D . Borla Stingers all the way, you wont be disapointed. I have a M6 as well

·
Registered
267 Posts
A hum and drone are two very different things.

The Stingers hum at cruise, a gentle purring sound.

Bullets, which I've also had, DRONE.

For example, hum out loud for as long as you can. That is like the Stingers.

Now, stick you head inside a Tuba during a low sustained note, that is Drone, that is like the Bullets.

If you want complete silence during highway crusiing, stay stock or go Corsa.

If you want an exhaust that gets quieter with the windows and top down, get Magnaflow.:rolleyes:
To hear them the best, put the AC on, windows up, and turn off the radio.
I have them on my 2005 C6 Vert, I do not like them, but my father who uses that car 99.9% of the time likes them. He is OLD, 69 to be exact.:rolleyes:

I think with the C6 there are two good choices from my experience.....

Borla Stingers if you are staying close to stock (not doing headers)

Corsa Sports #14169s if doing headers.

Howard

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well it looks liek Magnaflow is int he lead. What system are yall doing? When buying the stingers or any exhaust is it worth buying the whole system or just the rear end of it?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have the Magnaflow complete system with x-pipe and Borla Stingers axle back only.

I think the x-pipe is a waste of money, but I got mine used as a complete set.

JUst get the axle back.

Just to make it clear, I do not like the Magnaflows nearly as much as the Borla Stingers.

Howard

1 - 20 of 32 Posts